Thread: Enabling TLS between two Domains

Default Enabling TLS between two Domains

Hello,

As per our requirement, is there any way to enable TLS between to particular domains for both inbound and outbound E mails. Whether self signed certificate can be generated for TLS and used or need to purchase any TLS Certificate from any provider and install the same.

The Server is already in production without TLS. Request your valuable inputs.

Thanks
    Arun

Quote Originally Posted by arun.cme View Post
    Hello,

As per our requirement, is there any way to enable TLS between to particular domains for both inbound and outbound E mails. Whether self signed certificate can be generated for TLS and used or need to purchase any TLS Certificate from any provider and install the same.

The Server is already in production without TLS. Request your valuable inputs.
    Self signed certs will do but users will get a warning.What do you mean by enabling tls between two domains here?

Hi,

Here my config:

HTML Code:
    su - zimbra
    touch /opt/zimbra/conf/zimbra_tls_policy.cf
    echo "#domain1.com        encrypt  protocols=SSLv3:TLSv1" >> /opt/zimbra/conf/zimbra_tls_policy.cf
    echo "#domain2.com        encrypt  protocols=SSLv3:TLSv1 ciphers=high" >> /opt/zimbra/conf/zimbra_tls_policy.cf
    echo "#domain3.com        may" >> /opt/zimbra/conf/zimbra_tls_policy.cf
    echo "somebank.com        encrypt  protocols=SSLv3:TLSv1 ciphers=high" >> /opt/zimbra/conf/zimbra_tls_policy.cf

/opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postmap /opt/zimbra/conf/zimbra_tls_policy.cf

# Edit file /opt/zimbra/conf/zmmta.cf
    # find line "SECTION mta DEPENDS amavis" and at the end of section before "RESTART mta" add lines
        POSTCONF smtp_tls_security_level        LOCAL postfix_smtp_tls_security_level                       
        POSTCONF smtp_tls_policy_maps            LOCAL postfix_smtp_tls_policy_maps                          
        POSTCONF smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer    LOCAL postfix_smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer

zmlocalconfig -e postfix_smtp_tls_security_level=may
    zmlocalconfig -e postfix_smtp_tls_policy_maps=hash:/opt/zimbra/conf/zimbra_tls_policy.cf
    zmlocalconfig -e postfix_smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer=yes

zmmtactl restart
    This configuration enables Zimbra server try first establish TLS connection and if success send mails.

I want only a group of users to have TLS Authentication not all users or any mail sending & receiving to a particular recepient domain not all domains should have TLS.

I think for group of users it will be necessary register feature request.

For me it's enough to force TLS connection with some domains, like banks, for secure mail transfers.

It's up to you use it or add some solution by you self

I mean is there any possibility I am referring..I can use the same no issues. But one more Query like ending & receiving to a particular recepient domain can have TLS or if enabled TLS it will work for all receipient domains.

This config works only for specified domain you try to send mail. Ex. if all users send to somebank.com it always try first establish TLS connection for this domain.