Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Motherboard burned

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Motherboard burned

    The motherboard of my server zimbra burned. I have already installed a new machine with the same version of the server that burned (7.2). How can I transfer the user mailboxes to the new server if only the hard disk of the old machine is running? We're out of email because of it. So ask for help as soon as they can. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by francisco.costa View Post
    The motherboard of my server zimbra burned. I have already installed a new machine with the same version of the server that burned (7.2). How can I transfer the user mailboxes to the new server if only the hard disk of the old machine is running? We're out of email because of it. So ask for help as soon as they can. Thanks in advance.
    You can take a look at some of the Disaster Recovery articles in the wiki. I assume you have the complete /opt/zimbra directory structure from the old server? If that's the case and your new server has the same IP address and hostname (and obviously DNS records) then just copy the old /opt/zimbra directory structure over the new one, fix the permissions then run another upgrade of the same ZCS version and see how you get on with that.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You can take a look at some of the Disaster Recovery articles in the wiki. I assume you have the complete /opt/zimbra directory structure from the old server? If that's the case and your new server has the same IP address and hostname (and obviously DNS records) then just copy the old /opt/zimbra directory structure over the new one, fix the permissions then run another upgrade of the same ZCS version and see how you get on with that.
    Thanks for the reply. I tried to do as you mentioned, making a machine with the same hostname information, ip, etc. ... and copied the /opt/zimbra/ on again but it did not work. Presented java error ... I'll try the wiki, as you said. Thanks again.

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by francisco.costa View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I tried to do as you mentioned, making a machine with the same hostname information, ip, etc. ... and copied the /opt/zimbra/ on again but it did not work. Presented java error ... I'll try the wiki, as you said. Thanks again.
    You need to give some information about the errors in the log files. Did you use the same operating system and architecture?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Yes used. But I'll redo it and give the same problem post here my log for evaluation. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Back, when I give the command to restart the services: zmcontrol restart, is long starting zmconfigd and then returns "done" for all services. That occurs with the command zmcontrol status says that several services are stopped. As follows:
    zimbra service restart
    host zimbra.rra2.local
    ******** Stopping zmconfigd ... Done.
    ******** Stopping stats ... Done.
    ******** Stopping mta ... Done.
    ******** Stopping spell ... Done.
    ******** Stopping snmp ... Done.
    ******** Stopping cbpolicyd ... Done.
    ******** Stopping archiving ... Done.
    ******** Stopping antivirus ... Done.
    ******** Stopping antispam ... Done.
    ******** Stopping imapproxy ... Done.
    ******** Stopping memcached ... Done.
    ******** Stopping mailbox ... Done.
    ******** Stopping convertd ... Done.
    ******** Stopping logger ... Done.
    ******** Stopping ldap ... Done.
    host zimbra.rra2.local
    ******** Starting ldap ... Done.
    ******** Starting zmconfigd ... Done.
    ******** Starting logger ... Done.
    ******** Starting convertd ... Done.
    ******** Starting mailbox ... Done.
    ******** Starting snmp ... Done.
    ******** Starting spell ... Done.
    ******** Starting mta ... Done.
    ******** Starting stats ... Done.
    root @ zimbra: ~ # service zimbra status
    host zimbra.rra2.local
    ******** convertd Running
    ******** Running ldap
    ******** Running logger
    ******** mailbox Stopped
    **************** zmmailboxdctl is not running.
    ******** mta Stopped
    **************** postfix is not running
    ******** snmp Running
    ******** Running spell
    ******** stats Stopped
    ******** zmconfigd Stopped
    **************** zmconfigd is not running.
    root @ zimbra: ~ #

  7. #7
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Do you have another instance of Postfix running? If you do then obviously kill it and disable it form starting then restart Zimbra. Which operating system is this?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. Server Burned
    By babyporch in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 11:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •