Is it just a Web Client issue - or a server issue ?
If you have enabled external users to invite the room (I believe you said you have this configured) and you login to a gmail account for example, open the Calendar app, create a new event, and invite email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to the meeting - then you should get a response back from the server to say whether the boardroom has accepted/declined the invite.
If that part works - then perhaps it is just a client issue.
Did you resolve this issue?? I have same problem, I can't see locations in calendar...
I'm running Zimbra OSE 8.0.7 and it's works without problem, just create resource > location > put a password in my case 123456 and then create. That's it, in client area is working:
Could you try to create one with single name like CPD and pass 123456 and then finish?
I think that this problem is because you are using a external LDAP,
1.- Try to create the item-resource- in the LDAP too and try again auto-complete.
Please paste us the result of this screenshot:
I watched in other post that if you want to use external LDAP, and don't have problems with resources, you need to put your GAL in BOTH mode (Internal and External) and then run this command:
zmgsautil forceSync -a email@example.com -n zimbra
But I'm not sure if it will works to you, so please be sure that you have backup of your GAL, and Zimbra before try.
I just found in the Wiki GAL_Sync_Account this:
GAL Sync Account - Zimbra :: Wiki
I hope that HelpsUnable to search for resources by site, building, etc.
This can happen if the GAL is external and resources are local.
- Make sure zimbraGalAlwaysIncludeLocalCalendarResources is TRUE. zimbraGalAlwaysIncludeLocalCalendarResources is a global and domain attribute.
- A force sync of the GalSync account is needed for this attribute to take effect (Ex: zmgsautil forceSync -a firstname.lastname@example.org -n InternalGAL)
- In some instances, the attribute mappings for searchable fields could be missing. Check for these attribute maps in the global and domain configuration:
zimbraGalLdapAttrMap: zimbraCalResCapacity,msExchResourceCapacity=zimbra CalResCapacity
If something is missing, add the attribute map.
zmprov mcf zimbraGalLdapAttrMap zimbraCalResBuilding=zimbraCalResBuilding
- Remove the target galsync datasource where resources reside.
- Delete the contact folder for the datasource from the galsync account.
- Create a new datasource for resources in the galsync account.
- Perform a full sync of the datasource.
You can find more information with the next command, in this log:
tail -f /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log
Also I was trying your scenario and happens the same like you:
- External Auth with AD (OK)
- External or Both GAL (FAIL when you create resources)
- External Auth with AD (OK)
- Internal GAL (Resources works)
I'm working to find what's the problem, but please paste your log results when you do the actions.