Thread: Zimbra Open Source: Resources - Locations not showing in calendar

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra Open Source: Resources - Locations not showing in calendar

Hi all,

I have been running Zimbra for about a month now.
    I'm so far very happy with the software and pleased that I got rid of MS Exchange!

I'm trying to setup resources (locations) for our boardrooms and meeting rooms.
    In the admin console I did create the resources, but users don't see it when they create new calanendar entries.

When I click on the Locations button to do a search I select Allow multiple locations. I then leave all fields blank, yet no resources are shown.

Can someone please help?
    This is the last building block in getting this up and running.

Regards,
    Leon

When you go into the locations search panel - just click the Search button. All available locations should be listed.

It does not pre-fill the search panel with all available locations - it only shows them after you perform a search.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    When you go into the locations search panel - just click the Search button. All available locations should be listed.

It does not pre-fill the search panel with all available locations - it only shows them after you perform a search.
    Thanks for the reply.

I did just that and no locations was returned.
    So to confirm, I clicked the locations button, clicked the search button.
    Yet no results / locations listed.

There are 2 different resource types in zimbra. One is a Location, the other is "Equipment".

Can you verify you selected type "Location" in the admin tool for the rooms, and check that the status is "Active"

I have set up meeting rooms as Locations, and the overhead projector as Equipment, and both show correctly in the respective searches.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    There are 2 different resource types in zimbra. One is a Location, the other is "Equipment".

Can you verify you selected type "Location" in the admin tool for the rooms, and check that the status is "Active"

I have set up meeting rooms as Locations, and the overhead projector as Equipment, and both show correctly in the respective searches.
    I can verify that I selected "Location" and the Status = Active. The last login however = "Never logged in" I can however confirm that I have logged into the account.

Mine also shows never logged in - but works anyway.

Here is my config ...
    Boardroom.jpg

When you log into the account (boardroom in my case) you need to make sure the calendar preferences have "Automatically add received invites to calendar" and also Allow internal and/or external users to invite me to meetings.

You should then be able to invite the room using either the Web Client Location window - or the email address of the room. YOu should immediately get an accepted/declined response.

Note that there was a bug in this part that allowed double-booking up until 7.2.3 or 7.2.4 I believe. Check the release notes for details.