Thread: Distribution List Proxy Error

Default Distribution List Proxy Error

Good day,

When I installed Zimbra on the server, I specified the incorrect hostname. I then used zmsetservername to change the hostname to what it was supposed to be (according to the Wiki article).

My problem is this :

When I log into an account on the Zimbra webmail interface and I navigate to "Address Book", and then click on "Distribution Lists", I immediately get a popup error that just says "Proxy error". When I click on "Show details" on the error popup I can see that it is trying to connect to the old hostname. There must be some place in the configuration where the hostname did not change. Where can I find the configuration for whatever it is trying to do when I click on "Distribution Lists"? In other words, where does it still get the old hostname?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edrean View Post
    Good day,

When I installed Zimbra on the server, I specified the incorrect hostname. I then used zmsetservername to change the hostname to what it was supposed to be (according to the Wiki article).

My problem is this :

When I log into an account on the Zimbra webmail interface and I navigate to "Address Book", and then click on "Distribution Lists", I immediately get a popup error that just says "Proxy error". When I click on "Show details" on the error popup I can see that it is trying to connect to the old hostname. There must be some place in the configuration where the hostname did not change. Where can I find the configuration for whatever it is trying to do when I click on "Distribution Lists"? In other words, where does it still get the old hostname?

Thanks!
    I see the same issue on my installation.

Hi rsaeks,

I managed to fix this. It seems it had something to do with my certificates. You have to regenerate your certificates when changing your hostname. I can't remember precisely how I did it, but something like this should do the trick :

zmcertmgr createca -new
    zmcertmgr deployca
    zmcertmgr deploycrt self -new