Thread: How do ZimbraMTABlockedExtentionWarnRecipient and postconf block headers relate?

Default How do ZimbraMTABlockedExtentionWarnRecipient and postconf block headers relate?

After our upgrade to Zimbra 8 we are getting destroyed by spam. It's come to my understanding that if the "zimbraMtaBlockedExtensionWarnRecipient" is set to TRUE, then this will somehow disable postfix from checking/blocking bad headers that I have defined in postfix_header_checks. I have just tested, and this is true. Disabling zimbraMtaBlockedExtensionWarnRecipient starts blocking the headers I have defined.

Could someone please explain how these 2 options even relate to each other at all?

Why would I want to stop the employees from being notified when a .zip file was blocked from an extremely important client just so that emails with the word "v1agra" will not come through to our inboxes? My brain is beginning to melt trying to figure out the reason for this.

We could be losing valuable emails if our clients make the mistake of sending something in .zip/.rar format. Please help me understand this

RP

Solution:

I have successfully configured postconf to check for headers I define in postfix_header_checks with zimbraMtaBlockedExtensionWarnRecipient set to TRUE.

If anyone else agrees and thinks this is just ridiculous that you must disable Attachment warnings to make this work follow these instructions:

Zimbra 8.0.3

cd /opt/zimbra/conf
    vi zmconfigd.conf

Locate the line:

if VAR zimbraMtaBlockedExtensionWarnRecipient

Change it to if NOT VAR zimbraMtaBlockedExtensionWarnRecipient.

If you decide you want to disable attachment block warnings, you will need to remember to change this file back to the original "if VAR zimbraMtaBlockedExtensionWarnRecipient" or else it will probably be broken in the opposite way if you don't.