Thread: Mapi

Default Mapi

Ok. Watched the demo. Read bits of the hype. Got the test boxes ready.

One thing I cant find is the Mapi stuff. Its kinda key to the whole equasion.

Anyone know where I can find this. Pleeeeaaassseeee dont tell me "Oh that'll cost you 50 dollars a pop from joes bargain outloook connector startup".

Cheers,
    Shayne.

"
    The Network Edition is planned for Nov. The Outlook connector will come some time after that
    "

How about removing it from the damn advertising then. a "planned feature" is NOT "a feature".

Thanks! The clients gunna LOVE me for this mess.

"Sure, it says it does mapi! It'll talk fine with outlook and its open source".

Thumbs down

So, you screwed up and now are mad at Zimbra?

Yeah, that makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets
    So, you screwed up and now are mad at Zimbra?

Yeah, that makes sense...
    Well, Im not mad at zimbra. I am however deeply peaved at the misleading claims on the advertising about MAPI. Its not there, folks remove it, so others dont make the same mistake, other wise its plain deception.

Quote Originally Posted by shayne oneill
    Well, Im not mad at zimbra. I am however deeply peaved at the misleading claims on the advertising about MAPI. Its not there, folks remove it, so others dont make the same mistake, other wise its plain deception.
    Shayne -- In the interest of clearing up any misperceptions, can you point to some particular locations on the site where you feel the MAPI information is misleading? There are a lot of places on the site, including the Forums, where we clearly state that MAPI is a coming feature (not here yet). I did a search for MAPI on the website and the Forums and couldn't find any locations where we implied it's here today, but maybe I missed some. If you can point me to them, that would be great. Thanks

Ok. Fair enough. Check the Flash demo. Its in there.

I've been contacted, and I feel happy that its just a misunderstanding. But yeah, as you might understand theres a few of us that are feeling mildly disallusioned with the OS groupware world.

Opensource that connector, and you might be seen as gods amongst the mortals

Default Same in PDFs

I realize that PDFs and Flash demo are not as easy to update as forums and other html pages, but I have to site with shayne that this is very important. It is not enough to have "not yet available" burried somewhere in the forum threads. If you can't have the Flash demo and PDFs updated all the time (which I understand) you need to have a prominent notice on your home page (or one click removed from there) that indicates the actual current status of the code.

The world of groupware is confusing enough without having to hunt for the truth in forums.

By the way, one thing that is hard to come by is a clear writeup of the various protocols that exist in this space (SyncML, iCal, iSync, WebDAV, CalDAV, MAPI, etc). You guys probably know all of this by heart, but I and maybe many others, find it hard to know which ones are alternatives to each other and what clients support which one. It would be a great service to the community if you could have something like this on your site. Or do you perhaps know of such a writeup elsewhere?

Thanks!