Thread: Installation Success - but no HTTPS for admin?

Default Installation Success - but no HTTPS for admin?

I've installed ZCS on CentOS successfully, and can send/receive email with users whom I've set up via the command line interface (CLI). What I cannot do is connect to the https server instance to administer the server via the web as the server is not listening on a secure port. I've verified this with nmap.

Attempted connections to the secure port simply timeout. I've tried overriding the default SSL port and setting it to 8443 - still no go.

My initial thoughts were the "cannot write 'random state'" error openSSL tossed out while creating a csr/cert during installation were the culprit, but after chasing the root of this error it seems the self-signed cert is created just fine (I've seen posts indicating the error is harmless).

I then thought tomcat's server.xml didn't have a connector definition for SSL. Sure enough, it does, and looks to be configured properly.

My last thought is in tomcat's startup, if it can't resolve the host properly with a DNS lookup, that the secure server won't start. But I don't see any indication of this in the tomcat log files.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Check your firewall settings.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Default Bingo

Thanks! - that gave me the direction needed. iptables was not allowing https traffic, even though I had enabled it in the firewall configuration during the initial OS setup.

Adding the lines:
    -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
    -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 7071 -j ACCEPT

to the /etc/sysconfig/iptables (and restarting iptables) was the solution.