Thread: Google Calendar Sync

Hybrid View

NycSmart1 Guest

Default Google Calendar Sync

Hi,

I'm having a difficult time creating a calendar to sync with a Google Calendar. When I create a calendar to sync with an external calendar, I can import my 'Public' google calendar that just shows busy/available time. When I try this with my private calendar with full info, I get an error message 'The following URL is not reachable..'. I know it's good as I can download the ical file.

Anyone else experience this or have success?

full stack traces from the logs, the URL, etc. Not enough info in your report.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Default I too can't seem to get Google to accept it...

I've constructed this address to use:

http://user%40company.com:password@z...endar/?fmt=ics

I do NOT have it shared as public, nor do I believe I should have to as I am authenticating and all.

When I enter this in my browser, a proper calendar is downloaded as it should, so I'm convinced that the URL is appropriate.

However, google, after awhile, says: "Could not fetch the url."

I can't see how this is a firewall issue, as I can access my Zimbra server from other places without issue.

Any ideas?

I found that google calendar doesn't give the "couldn't fetch URL" error, if you substitute "http://" with "webcal://" and then remove the "?fmt=ics". I.e.

webcal://user%40server.comasswd@my.zimbra.server.com/path/

I found that Zimbra insisted that the external user be an email address so the %40 work around also had to be used. The above works well on Apple iCal. Google accepts it, but now I'm waiting for my content. If Google accepts it, then that should make debugging easier. I'm using a valid cert on my Zimbra server.

I've constructed this address to use:

http://user%40company.com:password@z...endar/?fmt=ics

I do NOT have it shared as public, nor do I believe I should have to as I am authenticating and all.

When I enter this in my browser, a proper calendar is downloaded as it should, so I'm convinced that the URL is appropriate.

However, google, after awhile, says: "Could not fetch the url."

I can't see how this is a firewall issue, as I can access my Zimbra server from other places without issue.

Any ideas?

Default Just confirming .....

I'm running into the same thing ... my guess is its on google's side ... no idea how to rectify it though

It seems as though google calendar wont allow you to accept the self signed cert so rather than prompting and allowing you to accept, it just fails ... this blows but I can't find a solution on google either
    Last edited by SpEnTBoY; 01-29-2008 at 10:37 AM.

I want to make sure I am understanding what you are wanting. Are you wanting to bring your private Google Calendar into your Zimbra Calendar? Here is what I use for my Google Calendar to show in Zimbra.

http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/...889d/basic.ics

I use this and my calendar shows up just fine. I got this by clicking on the private ical button in Google and just adding that link.

jd

What I'm trying to do is import my calendars from ZCS to Google. There's a google sync app for smartphone I use to sync to my google calendar. Currently trying to import from ZCS to google gives the posted problems and I'm almost positive it's because of the self signed SSL cert (there's no option to accept the certificate through google).

What I'm doing right now is a cludge involving manually exporting ics files from ZCS to import into Google (which works). WHat doesn't work is adding from URL into Google