Thread: Virtual hosting

Default Virtual hosting

I am using the Open Source edition 4.5 on FC5. I got everything working in my test environment and I thought for my migration process I would just move everyone's mail to my test environment, and have everyone log into my test environment while I change the production system over. The problem I have is that I have a domain name that I use for personal use that I use on this test environment and I want my users to log in using our company's domainname instead of my test domain name. When I go to the server with "mail.<companyname>.com" I get:
    An unknown application error has occurred. Please correct any errors and retry. If the problem persists, please contact your System Administrator. (AjxException.INVALID_PARAM)

I did a quick search for this and only found items pertaining to port changes and such. All I am doing is logging into the webinterface with a different domain name. If I log in with my test domainname it works fine. Thanks.

zimbraVirtualHostname

An alias for this domain, used to determine default login domain based on URL client is visiting
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

If what you are talking about is the Virtual Host Names in the Administration console, I did that. It makes no differences thus far. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Virtual Hosts were only so that the user didn't have to put @domain.com on their username as a convenience. Thank you for your reply.