Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: cbpolicy quota module - working via Zimbra web client, not working with smtp emails

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Zimbra
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    actually, we have this set on smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions for 465/587... not sure why it isn't working.
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Thank you for the reply.
    However, when I did the change to master.cf.in, nothing works. Examining /var/log/zimbra I have found:

    Code:
    Sep  7 00:34:54 office postfix/smtpd[28569]: fatal: unexpected command-line argument: inet:localhost:10031
    I double checked the entry and there is no mistake:

    Code:
    submission inet n      -       n       -       -       smtpd
    %%uncomment SERVICE:opendkim%%  -o content_filter=scan:[%%zimbraLocalBindAddress%%]:10030
            -o smtpd_etrn_restrictions=reject
            -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=%%zimbraMtaSaslAuthEnable%%
            -o smtpd_tls_security_level=%%zimbraMtaTlsSecurityLevel%%
            -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
            -o smtpd_data_restrictions=
            -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
            -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=check_policy_service inet:localhost:10031
            -o smtpd_relay_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
            -o syslog_name=postfix/submission
            -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
    Why is that so... ?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Zimbra
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I would try this instead, after having looked at it some:

    Code:
    cd /opt/zimbra/conf/zmconfigd
    Edit smtpd_sender_restrictions.cf so that it looks like this

    Code:
    %%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled cbpolicyd^ check_policy_service inet:localhost:@@cbpolicyd_bind_port@@%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus^ check_sender_access regexp:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/tag_as_originating.re%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus^ permit_mynetworks%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus^ permit_sasl_authenticated%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus^ permit_tls_clientcerts%%
    %%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus^ check_sender_access regexp:/opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/tag_as_foreign.re%%
    Undo the changes to master.cf.in entirely.

    Code:
    zmcontrol stop;zmcontrol start
    --Quanah
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Yes!
    That did the trick I think!! I will do some more testing later, but my first tests seem to be successful !

    Thank you !

    With regards,
    Piotr

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quanah View Post
    I would try this instead, after having looked at it some:

    Code:
    cd /opt/zimbra/conf/zmconfigd
    Edit smtpd_sender_restrictions.cf so that it looks like this

    Code:
    %%contains VAR:zimbraServiceEnabled cbpolicyd^ check_policy_service inet:localhost:@@cbpolicyd_bind_port@@%%
    CUT


    --Quanah

    I just want to thank you again. Now that works perfect.
    It took me some time to learn that Sender:user@domain quotas are processed both for outgoing (587 submitted) and for incoming mail.
    Once I learned how to create and use policy ONLY for outgoing mail (for example - defining internal domains and rate limiting based on SASLUsername) I am finally able to do what I have always been dreaming of.

    Thanks again.
    Is your bugfix scheduled for 8.0.5 version? And when is launch of 8.0.5 expected?

    Regards,
    Piotr

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Zimbra
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It will be in ZCS 8.0.6. If you go to 8.0.5, you'll need to do this step over again.
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quanah View Post
    It will be in ZCS 8.0.6. If you go to 8.0.5, you'll need to do this step over again.
    Hi.
    I have noticed 8.0.6 is out. Has the issue been fixed? I cannot find it in Release Notes for 8.0.6.
    I had to redo the step after upgrade to 8.0.5. It would be good to know if will be necessary after 8.0.6 upgrade. Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Piotr

  8. #18
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bloom View Post
    I have noticed 8.0.6 is out. Has the issue been fixed? I cannot find it in Release Notes for 8.0.6.
    Not every fix is listed in the Release Notes, why don't you check the bug mentioned in post #8?
    Last edited by phoenix; 01-27-2014 at 06:49 AM.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Not every fix is listed in the Release Notes, why don't you check the bu mentioned in post #8?
    You're right. I should have checked that first.
    Thanks.

    Regards,
    Piotr

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bloom View Post
    I just want to thank you again. Now that works perfect.
    It took me some time to learn that Sender:user@domain quotas are processed both for outgoing (587 submitted) and for incoming mail.
    Once I learned how to create and use policy ONLY for outgoing mail (for example - defining internal domains and rate limiting based on SASLUsername) I am finally able to do what I have always been dreaming of.

    Thanks again.
    Is your bugfix scheduled for 8.0.5 version? And when is launch of 8.0.5 expected?

    Regards,
    Piotr
    Dear bloom,

    Could you please share your work? I wish I can control rate limit for outgoing mail basing on SASLusername too.

    Best regards,
    Minh.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 05:39 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 06:12 AM
  3. Get emails out of zimbra or get it working again?
    By kingfeanor in forum Migration
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 01:02 AM
  4. Quota sync not working
    By k3rmit in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 03:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •