Thread: Whitelist Email Addresses

Default Whitelist Email Addresses

Greetings All:

Using Zimbra 8.0.4_GA_5737.FOSS

I have a couple of clients who email encrypted ZIP and PDF files but they seem to get caught up in the anti-virus email. Is there any way to allow certain trusted email accounts to bypass the anti-virus so their emails go to the appropriate users? Thanks!

Shawn

I'd first turn this on in the GUI
    Home - Configure - Global Settings - Attachments, has an option to send blocked extension notification to recipient. This way you'll know when the email is blocked, however spam emails with blocked extensions will send a notification to your user.

Whitelist in SpamAssassin - ManualWhitelist - Spamassassin Wiki
    su - zimbra
    vi /opt/zimbra/conf/salocal.cf.in
    -make addition here like
    #SpamAssassin whitelist
    whitelist_from *@domain.com
    zmamavisdctl restart && zmmtactl restart

Then once you confirm the attachments are coming though, you could turn the notifications back off. That was just a check to make sure they were coming through. If you didnt want to do that, just send yourself some of those previously blocked attachments from an outside email that you whitelisted and tail -f /var/log/maillog | grep your@email.com

If you're looking to whitelist individual email addresses in Postfix RBL's, I wish you luck as I have not found a way yet.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianw View Post
    I'd first turn this on in the GUI
    Home - Configure - Global Settings - Attachments, has an option to send blocked extension notification to recipient. This way you'll know when the email is blocked, however spam emails with blocked extensions will send a notification to your user.

Whitelist in SpamAssassin - ManualWhitelist - Spamassassin Wiki
    su - zimbra
    vi /opt/zimbra/conf/salocal.cf.in
    -make addition here like
    #SpamAssassin whitelist
    whitelist_from *@domain.com
    zmamavisdctl restart && zmmtactl restart

Then once you confirm the attachments are coming though, you could turn the notifications back off. That was just a check to make sure they were coming through. If you didnt want to do that, just send yourself some of those previously blocked attachments from an outside email that you whitelisted and tail -f /var/log/maillog | grep your@email.com

If you're looking to whitelist individual email addresses in Postfix RBL's, I wish you luck as I have not found a way yet.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for all your help Brian. I added whitelist_from entry in the salocal.cf.in file and the email is still getting sent to the anti-virus. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Shawn

Hello Brian:

Thanks for the quick response. I do appreciate it. I made the required modifications but the emails are still getting directed to the quarantine. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Shawn

I didn't think that whitelisting SpamAsssasisn would would for attachments but it was worth a try.

In the GUI, you could remove the blocked attachments. (Not Recommended)
    Home > Configure > Global Settings > Attachments

You could also take the emails out of quarantine, here is a decent guide. Zimbra ? Releasing quarantined emails and attachments

I'm unaware of a way to make this change on a per user basis.