Thread: change zimbra domain

Question change zimbra domain

Hey guys,

let's say my Zimbra server's ip address is 12.12.12.12 and it is example1.com's MX record in the DNS configuration. In other words it handles example1.com's mail, so when you send mail to user@example1.com, the mail goes to that zimbra box. How would I change this domain for the zimbra server, say, to example2.com? I am guessing I will have to change DNS for example2.com to put 12.12.12.12 as it's MX record, but what do I have to do on the zimbra box itself?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alimovz View Post
    Hey guys,

let's say my Zimbra server's ip address is 12.12.12.12 and it is example1.com's MX record in the DNS configuration. In other words it handles example1.com's mail, so when you send mail to user@example1.com, the mail goes to that zimbra box. How would I change this domain for the zimbra server, say, to example2.com? I am guessing I will have to change DNS for example2.com to put 12.12.12.12 as it's MX record, but what do I have to do on the zimbra box itself?

Thank you.
    Are you looking to be able to get mail for both domains? If so, just create and configure example2.com in the admin control panel and point your MX record for the second domain to 12.12.12.12 (in your example).

Wink

Oh no, I wanna completely move away from example1.com to example2.com. So I just do it in the admin section. Well that was easy.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alimovz View Post
    Oh no, I wanna completely move away from example1.com to example2.com. So I just do it in the admin section. Well that was easy.

Thank you.
    Well if you are looking to rename the server you will want to use zmsetservername

Check out this for more details

Greg

Default Multiple domains on one server

Our server is currently configured for stuffs.foo and we would like it to also handle mail for stuffs.boo and stuffs.poo. How can I go about configuring the server to handle mail for the other two domains. Ideally we would not have to recreate all the user accounts so that if someone emailed joe@stuffs.poo, the mail will end up in joe@stuffs.foo's inbox.

Thanks in advance for any pointers..

-cryptogram-

Just go to the admin panel and add those two domains in the domains section. I have done that and it seems to work

Quote Originally Posted by cryptogram View Post
    Our server is currently configured for stuffs.foo and we would like it to also handle mail for stuffs.boo and stuffs.poo. How can I go about configuring the server to handle mail for the other two domains. Ideally we would not have to recreate all the user accounts so that if someone emailed joe@stuffs.poo, the mail will end up in joe@stuffs.foo's inbox.

Thanks in advance for any pointers..

-cryptogram-
    Actually I think you might be looking for this:

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=ManagingDomains

Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith View Post
    Actually I think you might be looking for this:

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=ManagingDomains
    Followed the instructions on the wiki and it worked like a charm!! Thanks a million!!