Thread: Import vCards more than once

Default Import vCards more than once

Hi,

I followed the procedure to import vCards into my Zimbra Contacts as described on http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...ng_into_Zimbra and that works fine.

However, since the contacts in Zimbra are not my master copy of the vCards, I'd like to be able to repeat this procedure periodically. Currently when I execute them import for a second time I get duplicates of all contacts, the existing ones are not overwritten.

Questions:
    - Is it possible to use the REST interface to import vCards and overwrite/update entries that are already present?
    - If the previous is not possible, is it possible to delete all contacts using a command line utility

(As you may guess, i want to schedule an automated job that periodically takes my master vCard file and updates the contacts in Zimbra).

Regards,
    Gero

Default zmmailbox

Quote Originally Posted by gero View Post
    Questions:
    - Is it possible to use the REST interface to import vCards and overwrite/update entries that are already present?
    - If the previous is not possible, is it possible to delete all contacts using a command line utility
    There's no way to do this using REST, as we don't maintain unique "contact UIDs". But you should be able to call zmmailbox ef {folder-path} to delete the contents of the folder at {folder-path} and all its subfolders.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!