Thread: canno't receive email outside on zimbra mail server

Default canno't receive email outside on zimbra mail server

hello to all zimbra users and admin. First of all my God Bless us . I don't know how to start here .. by the way I have a problem regards on my mail server zimbra. I installed my mail server zimbra 8.0.0.5 on my centos6.4 64bit OS and it was successfully installed. My network configuration is NAT. Please see details below on my configuration :

DOMAIN NAME (EXTERNAL) : mailzimbra.tk with MX record
    DNS INTERNAL : mail.local with MX record
    DNS INTERNAL IP ADDRESS : 192.168.1.142

I dont know how to start hopefully you can I understand me. It was almost 1month still I cannot configure what is the problem of my mail server. I can send email from outside like gmail,yahoo mail and other domain but I cannot receive any email from them. I already made a split DNS from this tutorial Split DNS - Zimbra :: Wiki using the DNSMASQ. Please see details for my DNSMASQ configuration.

server=8.8.8.8 (google server)
    server=124.106.x.x (isp dns)
    server=208.67.222.222
    domain=mail.local
    mx-host=mail.local,centos6.mail.local,5
    listen-address=127.0.0.1

Then restart my dnsmasq and dig mail.local please see details below(Sorry for these output I dont know how to copy the text from my server).
    mail.local 0 IN MX 5 centos6.mail.local.
    centos6.mail.local 0 IN A 192.168.142

for my resolve.conf configuration..
    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    search mail.local

for my /etc/hosts configuration...
    127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain
    192.168.1.142 centos6.mail.local centos6

All ports from my mail server are already forwarded,all ports are also open(53,110,465,587,25) and disabled my firewall as suggested by other tutorials.

I dig also my registered domain dig mailzimbra.tk
    mailzimbra.tk In A
    mailzimbra.tk IN A 58.69.x.x

Then install zimbra and it was successfully installed. Test mail from outside and it is ok but I cannot receive.

Any idea? Please help me I'm not really an admin and I want to learn more about my profession as an IT.

Thank you all and GOD BLESS US!!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

This question has been answered many times in the forums and there's also a wiki article on the subject. Go to the wiki and read the Split DNS article (or read the forum threads on this topic), that will give you all the details you need to configure your DNS and steps to check it's configuration. You should use your real domain name on your LAN, it makes it easier to understand what you're doing.

When posting command output on the forums you should enclose each section of output in code tags, highlight the infdormation the hit the code tag button in the editor (the # symbol) - that makes it easier to read .
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

hello,
    thank you phoenix for your immediate response. I already followed the wiki for SPLIT DNS but unfortunately no luck after all

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jhovyn01314 View Post
    I already followed the wiki for SPLIT DNS but unfortunately no luck after all
    That doesn't actually tell us what the problem is, does it? You need to look in the log files for any errors, you need to provide some evidence that your Split DNS is configured correctly (there's full details in the wiki article) and any other information that might be useful - I'm not a mind reader and without any useful information other than 'it doesn't work' nobody will be able to provide any assistance.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.