Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Message store retention based on usernames

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Message store retention based on usernames

    Hi Guys,

    Need help, I am looking to archive message blobs, for compliance retention purpose, and would need to provide them only for requested users.
    We are using ZCS 5.26 opensource, I could not find a way to only extract all message blobs per user.
    Kindly help.

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Do not add posts to threads that are seven years old and nothing to do with your question, I'll move this to a new thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by slammerjam View Post
    Need help, I am looking to archive message blobs, for compliance retention purpose, and would need to provide them only for requested users.
    We are using ZCS 5.26 opensource, I could not find a way to only extract all message blobs per user.
    Compliance usually involves archiving email, why do you need to extract the 'message blobs'? If you want an archine solution then check the forums for a couple (at least) of solutions. BTW, your version of ZCS is no longer supported and it would be advisable to upgrade to the most recent version of ZCS.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Apology for posting to an old thread. We are not actively using the version, this is an old deployment, going to be decommissioned. Hence we need to keep the data in such a way that we can take out data for any user in future.

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slammerjam View Post
    Apology for posting to an old thread.
    That's OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by slammerjam View Post
    We are not actively using the version, this is an old deployment, going to be decommissioned. Hence we need to keep the data in such a way that we can take out data for any user in future.
    The easiest would surely be to backup the /opt/zimbra directory structure? That would enable you to reinstall ZCS and get the email or alternatively you could inject the mail into a test server using zmlmtpinject (have a search of the forums for a script to do that). Is the server in a VM? You could keep a copy of the VM for future use. Any of those any use?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slammerjam View Post
    Apology for posting to an old thread. We are not actively using the version, this is an old deployment, going to be decommissioned. Hence we need to keep the data in such a way that we can take out data for any user in future.
    We have around 150 TB of data, the /zimbra/store is spread accross various SAN storages, hence keeping all the data is not an option.
    We plan to move the mail blob and store it userwise, so that there is not need to have a zimbra setup to retrive messages.

  6. #6
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slammerjam View Post
    We have around 150 TB of data, the /zimbra/store is spread accross various SAN storages, hence keeping all the data is not an option.
    We plan to move the mail blob and store it userwise, so that there is not need to have a zimbra setup to retrive messages.
    In what format do you want these emails? If it's just plain text then just archive all the store folders under /opt/zimbra/store. If you want to be able to recover them easily then export the mail from each mailbox and keep those files, they can easily be recovered into a Zimbra server (assuming you're still using ZCS).
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 12:38 PM
  2. Message duplicates in message store
    By stopak in forum Administrators
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
  3. Message ID IMAP mapping to Message ID in Store
    By crunch in forum Developers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 11:16 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 07:22 AM
  5. Sever based message signing and encryption
    By gjhorne in forum Developers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •