Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Undelete Script

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Undelete Script

    I have an old user that flagged their mail to be deleted in their client but never deleted them. I have attached Outlook to that box and I can see all the messages with a line through them. Is there script that can go through and take the delete flag off essentially undeleting the messages?

    Thanks,

    Kane

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I have an old user that flagged their mail to be deleted in their client but never deleted them. I have attached Outlook to that box and I can see all the messages with a line through them. Is there script that can go through and take the delete flag off essentially undeleting the messages?
    What does this have to do with Zimbra? It's a question about the mail client that the users has, is there an undelete function in that?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    A colleague mentioned he remembered a script that would go into the Zimbra db or email files and un-flag the messages to be deleted. We can see that the email is still there it is just not show up in the web interface and the quota bar still shows there is email taking up space.

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    A colleague mentioned he remembered a script that would go into the Zimbra db or email files and un-flag the messages to be deleted. We can see that the email is still there it is just not show up in the web interface and the quota bar still shows there is email taking up space.
    Perhaps your colleague would like to point you to the script, I have not seen anything like that on the forums but you could always do a search for it. I've already told you that you should use the client (whichever one you used) to connect to ZCS and undelete them, is it not possible to do that?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Perhaps your colleague would like to point you to the script, I have not seen anything like that on the forums but you could always do a search for it. I've already told you that you should use the client (whichever one you used) to connect to ZCS and undelete them, is it not possible to do that?
    I was able to use Outlook and get the sent items but the inbox is blank. However, when I mouse over the inbox in the web interface it still shows 1677 messages size 723mb.

    This was my last resort to do a post I have spent 2 days searching for an answer and I thought maybe someone would have some ideas.

    Kane

  6. #6
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    You said this in your first post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I have attached Outlook to that box and I can see all the messages with a line through them.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I was able to use Outlook and get the sent items but the inbox is blank.
    What has changed between your first post and the one I've quoted above? If you can use an IMAP client and see the email with a line through it then you should be able to undelete it from the client, why are you not able to do that?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 05:34 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
  3. Undelete and Restore?
    By bhwong in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 11:56 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 01:21 AM
  5. Undelete a series appointment??
    By penbrock in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •