Thread: virtual host for new domain

Default virtual host for new domain

Hey,

I has a Zimbra server that handles example.com. So my users were user@example.com. I added another domain example1.com, now I can create users like user@example1.com. All users log in through example.com, but now they have to type the domain name as part of their username. i understand there is a way to give example1.com another login url that will enable @example1.com users to just enter their username like: joeblow or mike (without entering the domain name after @).
    Do I need to register another domain name for that and in the admin panel add a virtual host for example1.com?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alimovz View Post
    Hey,

I has a Zimbra server that handles example.com. So my users were user@example.com. I added another domain example1.com, now I can create users like user@example1.com. All users log in through example.com, but now they have to type the domain name as part of their username. i understand there is a way to give example1.com another login url that will enable @example1.com users to just enter their username like: joeblow or mike (without entering the domain name after @).
    Do I need to register another domain name for that and in the admin panel add a virtual host for example1.com?

Thanks
    In the domain section of the admin panel...go to example1.com, then choose the Virtual Host tab...add the host name you want for example1.com

Also, you will need to do a tomcat restart (as zimbra: tomcat restart)

add the host name you want for example1.com
    But do I need to have a registered domain name with an A record pointing to my Zimbra server to add it for example1.com?

Quote Originally Posted by alimovz View Post
    But do I need to have a registered domain name with an A record pointing to my Zimbra server to add it for example1.com?
    For it to work, yes, you need a DNS record for that entry (A should be fine)