Thread: Setting up SugarCRM, Zimbra, Fonality, and Alfresco

Default Setting up SugarCRM, Zimbra, Fonality, and Alfresco

Hi,

First of all let me say that I live in Nigeria. This is important because some of the restrictions that that I have are environment induced and can not be side stepped easily.

Having said that let me introduce my "supposed" problem.

We want to create an environment that runs SugarCRM as a hub and various other pieces of software as addons.

The initial list of addons are Alfresco for document management, Fonality as a PBX, Skype for international calling, and Zimbra for email management.

We have SugarCRM 4.5.0 working internally, in our offices in Lagos, Nigeria. We have also have Alfresco working internally. We have not integrated them using a bridge or LDAP yet, as we intend to, but have merely made the Alfresco webclient a portal page in SugarCRM.

My step next is to install Zimbra 4.5. That's where I have the challenge. I want to install the Zimbra for the mail domain on a server sitting in Miami, USA. We are located in Lagos, Nigeria.

Theoretically this is not an issue until I got thinking about the mashups, and Skype.

We want to use SkypeOut and SkypeIn to provide local numbers, for our company, around the world so that our clients worldwide will only have to dial a local number to contact us and we can also take advantage of VOIP to make cheap international calls.

So the question is if I install the Zimbra server externally (i.e. outside our local LAN) in Miami, will the mashups still work with my applications that are running locally?

Again theoretically they should due to the Ajax client (???) but what of those that want to stay with Outlook (which we are trying to get rid of)

This is all an issue due to the fact that the bandwidth often "disappears". So when you are deploying systems you have to balance working on a LAN with the need to connect to the outside world. In a perfect world everthing would be hosted in the same place and all the components f the system wold be available anywhere you could get to a browser. We just aren't there yet!

Any, and all, advice would be greatly appreciated!

--
    Ade Atobatele
    Lagos, Nigeria

Default problem to Set up emails in SugarCRM

I am trying to configure send/receive email with Sugar cRM.
    But whenever I am trying to send mail form sugar crm it is showing following errors

After configure i clicked on "test setting" it gives success message

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol in include/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 104

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: Failed to enable crypto in include/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 104

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://mail.hostname.com:25 (Unknown error) in include/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 104
    Error emailing:SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

From Address sales@hostname.com
    User Name: sales@hostname.com
    Mail Server Address:mail.hostname.com
    Mail Server Protocol: Imap
    Outgoing mail server mail.hostname.com

PHP Version 5.2.10

System Linux gnax-ds17.simplehelix.com 2.6.18-128.1.16.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jun 30 06:07:26 EDT 2009 x86_64

Sugar version Version 5.2.0f