Thread: Overnight notifications of services stopping/starting

Threaded View

Default Overnight notifications of services stopping/starting

I'm running a new ZCS server 8.0.6 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit. Everything seems to be working fine but I am receiving emails for the last two days overnight notifying me of services going from a stop state to a running state. This happens overnight but also throughout the day apparently too.

Jan 10 09:23:04 mail zmconfigd[3587]: Service status change: mail.ourdomain.com stats changed from stopped to running

I don't have the server set to reboot or anything going on that I know of that would cause the services to stop/restart.

Is there some sort of clean-up process the server undergoes nightly that I should be aware of?

I have tons of free memory/resource and looking at performance graphs nothing spikes during these notifications of service restarts. The only thing I can think of is having ZeXtras installed and possibly it's restarting the services overnight to try and do a scan?

Any thoughts on this? I'm coming from a 7.2.0 server and never have seen this type of behavior.
    Last edited by czguy; 01-11-2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Additional information