Thread: Internal E-mails Do Not Register in External Secondary IMAP E-mail

Default Internal E-mails Do Not Register in External Secondary IMAP E-mail

First of all thank you in advance for reading and answering this post.

I am relatively inexperienced and have installed the Zimbra Open Source edition on a virtual private server. There were huge problems with the RAM issues but I solved them with the help of this forum over the weeks.

I have a problem.

1 I have configured the users so that they have a secondary e-mail account. In this case john@example.com and I use and external e-mail host with imap so it looks like this imap.xx.com
    2 I have set up an additional domain called example.com in Zimbra
    3 I have set up aliases on the domain e.g. john@example.com
    4 I have set up the webclient so that when e-mails are sent it uses the alias (eg john@example.com instead of john@complicatedservername.com)

Everything works except this...

1 When I send e-mails between Zimbra accounts ...for example ...john@example.com to susan@example.com then they show up in primary account
    2 They do not go 'outside of the box' and show up on the imap account (secondary account).

I need them to show up on the imap account as the management requires all e-mails to be recorded in one place.

Help!

1 Please point me in the right direction - there are a lot of settings in the admin panel (eg domain,server etc) or is it a command line thing?

2 If you have a full on solution then good karma will shine its light on you

Your configuration is a bit complicated and I may be misunderstanding what you need to do but you can set an external MTA instead of localhost for example.com

Is this what you need? If not a better description of your server setup would probably help solve your problem.