Thread: all Zimbra Administration Server Status are red after new installation

Default all Zimbra Administration Server Status are red after new installation

Hi,

I installed Zimbra open source 8.06 at CentOS 6.2 x64 edition. After complete installation, all Zimbra administration server status are red, but the zmcontrol status are ok. I checked the installation step at admin guide, the last step have a little different ( the admin guide is configure and enable syslog daemon, but centos is rsyslog daemon ).

Please advise me how to resolve my problem.

Best Regards,

Jackson Ku

From my experience zmcontrol status is more accurate than the admin gui. The admin gui often tells me things are down after a reboot when zmcontrol status tells me they're up. After a while the gui catches up.

Ye, I understand, but the all Zimbra administration server status always down even the zmcontrol status are ok...

Quote Originally Posted by 54cc54 View Post
    Ye, I understand, but the all Zimbra administration server status always down even the zmcontrol status are ok...
    You need to properly configure rsyslog to save information to appropriate files. Or install syslog-ng on Centos and use configuration from Zimbra

Agreed with the rsyslog. Although even with proper configuration I've seen this Admin Gui behavior sporadically even though the services are running properly. I'm on 8.0.6 as well and have seen this in previous versions. I tend to ignore it as long as zmcontrol shows services running.