Thread: Zimbra 8.0.6 and Hyper-V

Default Zimbra 8.0.6 and Hyper-V

Hello guys

I have installed ZCS 8.0.6 OpenSource Edition on Hyper-V, but somethings odd happen here.

All clients are MS Outlook 2013.

Inside the company, the webmail or the outlook sometimes don't work, give me a no connection message.

However, outside the company, everything work properly: webmail and outlook....

The VM is a Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits...

I make same search on google and find out that perhaps install microsoft integration components can help, on this case.

Someone on this list get the same situation when virtualize with Hyper-V???

Any advice are welcome....

Thanks
    Last edited by gilbertonunes36; 02-04-2014 at 03:17 AM.

The server have public or private ip? Is it accessible / ping the ip from the LAN?

Quote Originally Posted by gilbertonunes36 View Post
    Hello guys
    Inside the company, the webmail or the outlook sometimes don't work, give me a no connection message.
    However, outside the company, everything work properly: webmail and outlook....
    You've got a routing issue or an internal DNS issue - if your server has a public IP or resides in a DMZ, make sure your firewall rules allow and route from private address to DMZ/Public IP address of mail server.

if the mail server is on the same subnet (has a private address on your lan) then make sure the clients aren't trying to go out the firewall and accessing it via the public IP address. if that's the case - add an entry to the clients hosts file or correct the DNS to point to the private address from within the private LAN
    Work
    8.0.3 UBUNTU10_04 UBUNTU10_04 NETWORK

Home
    8.0.3 UBUNTU10_04 UBUNTU10_04 FOSS

Quote Originally Posted by al-siput View Post
    The server have public or private ip? Is it accessible / ping the ip from the LAN?
    Thanks for your reply.

The server has private IP, however, it's can reach from the internet, of course!!! Yes... Ping work properly, inside LAN!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dwill View Post
    You've got a routing issue or an internal DNS issue - if your server has a public IP or resides in a DMZ, make sure your firewall rules allow and route from private address to DMZ/Public IP address of mail server.

if the mail server is on the same subnet (has a private address on your lan) then make sure the clients aren't trying to go out the firewall and accessing it via the public IP address. if that's the case - add an entry to the clients hosts file or correct the DNS to point to the private address from within the private LAN
    Hi...

Well done! That was which I told to network admin on that network... 'cause I only implement the solution...
    The problem was in the Internal DNS and already solved...
    I just make this post to collect some information regarding Hyper-V and Zimbra itself, 'cause I never used Hyper-V + Zimbra before and encounter such problem....
    Always running smoothly...

Thanks a lot anyway!