Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Zimbra 8.0.6 and Hyper-V

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Zimbra 8.0.6 and Hyper-V

    Hello guys

    I have installed ZCS 8.0.6 OpenSource Edition on Hyper-V, but somethings odd happen here.

    All clients are MS Outlook 2013.

    Inside the company, the webmail or the outlook sometimes don't work, give me a no connection message.

    However, outside the company, everything work properly: webmail and outlook....

    The VM is a Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits...

    I make same search on google and find out that perhaps install microsoft integration components can help, on this case.

    Someone on this list get the same situation when virtualize with Hyper-V???

    Any advice are welcome....


    Thanks
    Last edited by gilbertonunes36; 02-04-2014 at 03:17 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    The server have public or private ip? Is it accessible / ping the ip from the LAN?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilbertonunes36 View Post
    Hello guys
    Inside the company, the webmail or the outlook sometimes don't work, give me a no connection message.
    However, outside the company, everything work properly: webmail and outlook....
    You've got a routing issue or an internal DNS issue - if your server has a public IP or resides in a DMZ, make sure your firewall rules allow and route from private address to DMZ/Public IP address of mail server.

    if the mail server is on the same subnet (has a private address on your lan) then make sure the clients aren't trying to go out the firewall and accessing it via the public IP address. if that's the case - add an entry to the clients hosts file or correct the DNS to point to the private address from within the private LAN
    Work
    8.0.3 UBUNTU10_04 UBUNTU10_04 NETWORK

    Home
    8.0.3 UBUNTU10_04 UBUNTU10_04 FOSS

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al-siput View Post
    The server have public or private ip? Is it accessible / ping the ip from the LAN?
    Thanks for your reply.

    The server has private IP, however, it's can reach from the internet, of course!!! Yes... Ping work properly, inside LAN!

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwill View Post
    You've got a routing issue or an internal DNS issue - if your server has a public IP or resides in a DMZ, make sure your firewall rules allow and route from private address to DMZ/Public IP address of mail server.

    if the mail server is on the same subnet (has a private address on your lan) then make sure the clients aren't trying to go out the firewall and accessing it via the public IP address. if that's the case - add an entry to the clients hosts file or correct the DNS to point to the private address from within the private LAN
    Hi...

    Well done! That was which I told to network admin on that network... 'cause I only implement the solution...
    The problem was in the Internal DNS and already solved...
    I just make this post to collect some information regarding Hyper-V and Zimbra itself, 'cause I never used Hyper-V + Zimbra before and encounter such problem....
    Always running smoothly...

    Thanks a lot anyway!

Similar Threads

  1. Can't access Zimbra Admin Console; using Hyper-V
    By waterborne in forum Virtualization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 12:42 AM
  2. Zimbra on CentOS 5.7 VM in Windows 2008 R2 Hyper V
    By pinemail11 in forum Virtualization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 02:27 AM
  3. Hyper-V environment
    By tingshen in forum Installation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 04:28 AM
  4. Hyper-v or Vmware
    By drdre in forum Administrators
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •