Thread: Zimbra server alternative front-end.

Default Zimbra server alternative front-end.

In this scenario:
    A local Zimbra server which has all mailboxes. It is MX10.
    We want to install another server in other location (in a ISP) with zimbra but would run when the local zimbra fail only. This secondary Zimbra server is MX20 and this has not mailboxes. So when the primary or local Zimbra fail then the messages are stored in the secondary Zimbra. When the primary Zimbra fail-back then both are syncronized through VPN IPSec.

If I install a Zimbra MTA server and the connection between servers fail, this server can store messages temporary?.

Thank in advance.

Each mailbox has a single mailbox server that stores the messages/documents/etc related to that account. Additional MTAs will queue messages for other mailbox servers if they are not immediately available, but those messages cannot be seen (nor can the user login) while the user's designated mailbox server is down.

If you want a system like you are describing, this is what you have to do for now (unsupported): Server Live sync - Zimbra :: Wiki

See bug 11423

Quote Originally Posted by n.sossonko View Post
    Each mailbox has a single mailbox server that stores the messages/documents/etc related to that account. Additional MTAs will queue messages for other mailbox servers if they are not immediately available, but those messages cannot be seen (nor can the user login) while the user's designated mailbox server is down.

If you want a system like you are describing, this is what you have to do for now (unsupported): Server Live sync - Zimbra :: Wiki

See bug 11423

Thank you. So if the Zimbra MTA server cannot connect to Server LDAP, the messages could be stored in the server MTA? or is necessary the server can connect to LDAP server?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcloud View Post
    So if the Zimbra MTA server cannot connect to Server LDAP, the messages could be stored in the server MTA? or is necessary the server can connect to LDAP server?
    I would think so, although I'm not 100% sure. LDAP is fail-proof with (newly available in 8) Multi-Master replicas, so I don't see why you should ever have a total LDAP failure, but either way, the queuing is done by postfix so I think it should continue to work. Again, not 100% sure.