Thread: Few old emails are sent out again after restoring zimbra 8.0.2GA_5569.FOS from backup

Default Few old emails are sent out again after restoring zimbra 8.0.2GA_5569.FOS from backup

Hi,

Our zimbra email server is of version 8.0.2GA_5569.FOS and is installed on Centos 6.3 64 bit.

Last week our email server crashed due to which we had to restore the email server from backup.

The moment the email server got running again after we restored it from backup,some old emails that have been sent 6 month/3 months back were sent out again to the same set of recipients of that particular email.Also some of our internal users received old emails from external domain senders again.

We got the call from our client asking why are we sending the 6 months or 2 months emails again,This was very much annoying situation for us.

Could anyone explain us why these old emails were send out or received in by zimbra.

Please let me know if you need any other details to better understand the cause of the issue.

Regards,
    ntushar

Hi,

Could anyone please reply to my thread.

I do not want this problem to reoccur when we restore the backup in future and hence would like someone to clarify on the issue.

Regards,
    ntushar