Thread: My domain is in blacklist

Default My domain is in blacklist

Hi guys

My domain is in blacklist for this motive (AOL Postmaster | Postmaster / AOL SMTP Error Messages), I have my Zimbra server in a DMZ Network whit Private ips and I use NAT through my Firewall to used the ports that i need to send and receive mails. Please guys i need some help.... thanks

>>>>><
    I've checked
    421 DNS:NR
    The Reverse DNS lookup for your IP address is failing. This could be a transient issue. Confirm the IP that sends your mail. Then check the rDNS of that IP using our troubleshooting tools. If it passes, please wait 24 hours and re-try before opening a support request.
    rDNS must be in the form of a fully-qualified domain name. rDNS containing in-addr.arpa are not acceptable, as these are merely placeholders for a valid PTR record. rDNS consisting of IP addresses are also not acceptable, as they do not correctly establish the relationship between domain and IP address.
    rDNS that may be similar to dynamic IP space (containing pool, dhcp, dyn, etc.) may be treated as suspect, and should therefore should be changed to reflect a fully-qualified domain name with standard reverse DNS.

>><

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by msae26 View Post
    My domain is in blacklist for this motive (AOL Postmaster | Postmaster / AOL SMTP Error Messages), I have my Zimbra server in a DMZ Network whit Private ips and I use NAT through my Firewall to used the ports that i need to send and receive mails. Please guys i need some help.... thanks
    You've already been given the answer to your problem by AOL - you have no Reverse DNS record for your server and you need one. AOL even give you a description of what the Reverse DNS requirements for a mail server.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Bill Thanks for your answer.

BUt I have some doubts:

* should I request to my DNS provider that configure the Reverse DNS for my mail.mydomain.com?
    * My mail.mydomain.com has the public IP of my Firewall (My firewall has a name svr-firewall.mydomain.com but it isn't registered in the public DNS)
    * The mail server has a private IP, and has a name mail2.mydomain.com

In this case How Should I do? Is it correct to request to my provider of public DNS that configure the Reverse DNS or first should I do some changes? Please I need some advices...

Thanks a lot Bill