I'm attempting to recover from an outage, and I'm running into issue after issue. I'm running Zimbra 7.2.3_GA_2872.RHEL5_20130304144834 RHEL5 FOSS edition.
I've verified that the data in mysql is still in tact - users look good, mboxgroupXX tables look good etc. When I try to search the ldap server using the following method, I always the "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)" error.
I tried changing the root ldap password as well as the zimbra ldap password using:Code:su - zimbra source ~/bin/zmshutil zmsetvars ldapsearch -x -H $ldap_master_url -D $zimbra_ldap_userdn -w $zimbra_ldap_password
I've gone through most of the trouble shooting steps on: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Ajcody-LDAP-Topics. I've also made sure that zimbra:zimbra owns /opt/zimbra, and I ran the /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --extended --verbose command.Code:zmldappasswd -r <newpass> zmldappasswd <newpass>
However, I'm still stuck. I'd love to post the logs, but the server is on a system that is not allowed to touch the internet.
A little background as well...
This all started after we had a power outage. Shortly thereafter, zimbra failed to boot with the message:
Most of the posts indicated that this was a certificate problem. Regenerating the certificates didn't seem to help. So the next attempt was to install the same version (a tip I found on this forum). That didn't help either.Code:Unable to determine enabled services from ldap. Unable to determine enabled services. Cache is out of date or doesn't exist.
We fortunately have backups of all the data, but restoring it doesn't seem to help.
Anyway, if anyone has any tips on resetting the zimbra/root passwords so that I can get into the ldap db, that would be awesome. Hopefully from there I can use mysql to recreate the scripts.