Thread: Unable to move contact from shared address book to my own in web client

Default Unable to move contact from shared address book to my own in web client

I'm running Zimbra 8 OCS, just a small deployment for my immediate family. My wife and I each have a mailbox and we have another where all mail forwards to our mailboxes and is not stored. We use that for a common calendar, address book briefcase, all in the same domain and COS. I'm not sure when this started but I did add a new domain but still have no idea why that would cause this.

If I get a new email from somebody I edit the contact in the Emailed Contacts address book and then save it in the "Shared" address book by clicking on the address book name at the right, selecting the "Shared" address book from the popup and then saving it. After I have saved the contact I noticed that it did not save the extra details (phone/address) in the contact details. I am able to update again and save the contact at that point. However if I try to click on the address book name (where it is currently stored) in order to move it to my own address book, I get the "red circle/line through it" (disabled) so there is no way to select the new address book.

I logged in as the shared user and made sure that I had shared this address book with my personal account mailbox as an admin. Revoked it, re-shared it, accepted it. Still no luck.

Is there any reason I can move a contact into a shared address book, but not out of it?

TIA

Daniel

You should be able to move it by drag-and-drop in the Web Client.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    You should be able to move it by drag-and-drop in the Web Client.
    CORRECTED: I can drag and drop from one to the other. Thanks!

I can also...

...delete the contact from the shared address book, and then drag and drop it from the Trash to my personal address book.
    ...right click on the shared contact and select "Move" and move it to my personal address book.

I simply cannot change the address book in the edit mode.

Now that I have learned how to move the individual contacts this is no longer a huge deal, but it is odd that it cannot be done in edit mode. I'm 100% sure that this used to work.
    Last edited by dsiminiuk; 03-03-2014 at 12:06 PM.