Thread: Emails are illegible via Webmail

Default Emails are illegible via Webmail

Recently changes to mail forwarding for a user settings seems to corrupt the users messages. Initially I got "Message not sent : one of more addresses were not accepted . Rejected Address : <#$(%$%%">" some illegible characters in the address. I have since upgraded from Network edition 8.0 to 8.0.6 GA but still no change.

The above was only happening to one user for new messages, however I have re-indexed the mailbox and now the entire mailbox is illegible. The message headers and the content is the same. Funny that this is happening via Webmail and any other client using Exchange type connection to the server. IMAP connections display message/header correctly.

Zimbra support recommended restoring the mailbox to an earlier backup, did that .. tried several .. still no good.

zimbra_webmail_error.png

Any help with this would be appreciated !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marcusn; 03-03-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusn View Post
    Recently changes to mail forwarding for a user settings seems to corrupt the users messages. Initially I got "Message not sent : one of more addresses were not accepted . Rejected Address : <#$(%$%%">" some illegible characters in the address. I have since upgraded from Network edition 8.0 to 8.0.6 GA but still no change.

The above was only happening to one user for new messages, however I have re-indexed the mailbox and now the entire mailbox is illegible. The message headers and the content is the same. Funny that this is happening via Webmail and any other client using Exchange type connection to the server. IMAP connections display message/header correctly.

Zimbra support recommended restoring the mailbox to an earlier backup, did that .. tried several .. still no good.

zimbra_webmail_error.png

Any help with this would be appreciated !!

Guys .. dont worry, I fixed this via moving the user to another new mailbox. exporting and importing all mail folders did the trick.

Just in case someone encounters the same problem !!