Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What is your Zimbra folder size ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    4

    Default What is your Zimbra folder size ?

    just took a look at my Zimbra folder and surprise, it is 132 GB !

    Is this normal ?

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wasowski View Post
    Is this normal ?
    Depends of your definition of "normal", the size would depend on how many users, how much mail etc. etc.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Depends of your definition of "normal", the size would depend on how many users, how much mail etc. etc.
    Hi,

    25 email accounts and only half of them are used on a daily basis. Something doesnt add up.

    I just upgraded to 8.06 and the folder is now 155 GB ! Something doesn't add up obviously,

    Ill take a look at the directories as soon as I have the time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    /opt/zimbra/ldap is now 129 GB.

    Any idea what can take so much space for no reason ?

    Thank you

  5. #5
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wasowski View Post
    /opt/zimbra/ldap is now 129 GB.

    Any idea what can take so much space for no reason ?
    Not really from that information as you haven't said what's taking up the space in that directory nor have you given the ZCS version & release that you're running. If, however, you've recently upgraded to ZCS 8.0.6 then the most likely culprit is a sparse file that created by openLDAP and you can find details in the Release Notes and several threads covering that topic in the forums take a look at those for an explanation.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Not really from that information as you haven't said what's taking up the space in that directory nor have you given the ZCS version & release that you're running. If, however, you've recently upgraded to ZCS 8.0.6 then the most likely culprit is a sparse file that created by openLDAP and you can find details in the Release Notes and several threads covering that topic in the forums take a look at those for an explanation.
    thats what I found with google. Rather a weird move, it looks like a lot of trouble if I want to keep my backup scripts.
    The more upgrades I do with Zimbra, the more problems I get. It use to be so smooth in the past...

    Thanks anyway Bill

  7. #7
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wasowski View Post
    thats what I found with google. Rather a weird move, it looks like a lot of trouble if I want to keep my backup scripts.
    The more upgrades I do with Zimbra, the more problems I get. It use to be so smooth in the past...
    There are details in those forum threads that tell you how to (safely) backup that file, you can even reduce the size of that file but do read the details of how to do that correctly.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. per-folder size from command line?
    By anthonyclark in forum Administrators
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 05:44 AM
  2. Local Folder Size Limit?
    By anilles in forum Migration
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 04:51 PM
  3. ZD 2.0 max folder size
    By jmcjunkin in forum General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 03:10 PM
  4. Folder frame size and expand folders
    By mtk in forum Users
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 10:27 AM
  5. Restriction on size of folder ID used in Zimbra Client
    By Sbhingarkar in forum Developers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 11:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •