Thread: Added new domain, can't access web interface with new domain

Default Added new domain, can't access web interface with new domain

I've added a new domain to my Zimbra installation however when I try to access the service using that new domain (the DNS mapping is the same as the primary domain) it does not go through.

The primary domain works fine however so I'm at a loss as to why the new domain isn't getting through.

Both domains have DNS records to the same IP address btw.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You need to provide the exact version of ZCS when you post a question here, post the output of the following command:

[CODE]zmcontrol -v[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by webo View Post
    I've added a new domain to my Zimbra installation however when I try to access the service using that new domain (the DNS mapping is the same as the primary domain) it does not go through.
    I don't understand what you mean by that statement.

http://cablenet.com.cy/contact-us/The primary domain works fine however so I'm at a loss as to why the new domain isn't getting through.

Both domains have DNS records to the same IP address btw.[/QUOTE]You really need to give a description of what exactly you have done and what results you're seeing.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Sorry, I'm using 8.04 (can't run the command at the moment as I can't get to the server right now)

I have two domains (we'll call them domainA.com and domainB.com) The original domain (domainA.com) was the one used while setting up the server and Zimbra is accessible at webmail.domainA.com (there may be some split DNS settings there but it's been a while since I've touched those)

Now, I've added a second domain to the Zimbra install (domainB.com) It shows up in Zimbra's admin panel and I can send and receive emails to both domainA.com and domainB.com with no issues.

For some reason though, I cannot access Zimbra using webmail.domainB.com even though I've set up the DNS provider to route back to the same IP as domainA.com. I have to use webmail.domainA.com for both domains

Would there need to be additional split DNS settings I'd need to add for domainB.com or is there something else I've overlooked?