Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: email from zimbra@localhost.localdomain

That looks correct now.

[root@zimbra ~]# host `hostname`
    zimbra.collectivedata.local has address 192.168.254.32

It's still deferring the zimbra@localhost.localdomain emails as well as one from root@localhost.localdomain. Same error as before, connection timed out. Any ideas?

Can you send me your zmlocalconfig output via pvt message?

john

C'mon guys, you know this.

When sending email to user@domain.com, we first perform a name resolution for the MX record for domain.com.

If that fails (no MX record) we perform an A lookup on domain.com, and attempt to deliver directly to that host.

You're sending email to user@localhost.localdomain; localhost.localdomain has no MX record in DNS (NOT THE HOSTS FILE), so we deliver to the A record.

So - two things.

If localhost.localdomain doesn't return 127.0.0.1, your DNS server sucks. No DNS server should return a routeable address for that lookup; find the admin, tell him to fix it.

That aside, if you want this delivered, why not just create localhost.localdomain as a local alias domain and deliver it that way?

(I'm assuming that the original report of mail FROM zimbra@localhost.localdomain meant mail TO zimbra@localhost.localdomain. If that's not the recipient, then this whole thread is off the track.)
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

That's how I ended up fixing it last night. I created an alias for zimbra, root & admin@localhost.localdomain and set them as an alias for my mail account. As far as why the dns server seems to be pushing out localhost.localdomain, I have no idea. It's not listed in my tinydns records. I'd still like to find out why that is returning the wrong IP but it's most likely a job for another forum.