Thread: Permissions change by themselves on localconfig.xml file

Default Permissions change by themselves on localconfig.xml file

Hi everyone. I'm new here and glad to be a new member of the community. I have something strange that has happened to me twice now and I have no idea why. We are using Zimbra version 8.0.5_GA_5839.FOSS. Today we were adding some things into header_checks in Postfix and restarted Postfix after the changes. All of a sudden, it appeared that Zimbra crashed and we were unable to start any of the services. When I checked the permissions of the localconfig.xml file, the owner and group were both "root", not "zimbra" like they should have been. This has happened once before after a crash and I'm not sure what could be setting the permissions of that file to root. Once I changed the owner and group back to "zimbra", I was able to restart all Zimbra services without issue. Then we went ahead and made our changes to Postfix without issue. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by velocitygirl13 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and glad to be a new member of the community. I have something strange that has happened to me twice now and I have no idea why. We are using Zimbra version 8.0.5_GA_5839.FOSS.
    The first thing you need to do is upgrade your current ZCS installation because of this: https://www.zimbra.com/forums/announ...0-x-7-2-x.html
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks Bill. I will go ahead and do that.