Thread: How to view/set zimbraInboundSmtpHostname via CLI?

Default How to view/set zimbraInboundSmtpHostname via CLI?

I am having a couple of problems related to Home -> Configure -> Global Settings -> MTA -> "Inbound SMTP Host Name"

1st: I set a value that I need to unset. In the GUI, when I delete the value, click save, get out and back in, it re-appears.

2nd: I can't find the documentation to tell me how to do view or set this via CLI (zimbraInboundSmtpHostname, NOT zimbraSmtpHostname)

3rd: I need to set multiple values but can't find specific instructions about how to do this. All threads I have thus far found do not answer the question specifically. This thread (Multiple inbound SMTP host names) has Phoenix answering with a link to a bug that was fixed, but he was mistakenly referring to "zimbraSmtpHostname" not "zimbraInboundSmtpHostname." According to this documentation (http://files.zimbra.com/website/docs...uide_8.0.7.pdf), the attribute name I need to set is "zimbraInboundSmtpHostname."

4th: Indeed, I need to configure multiple inbound SMTP hosts. I am now using a SPAM service and for my MX servers and they can be sending my mail to my server via 5 possible IP addresses. So far, it seems everyone who has asked about this has been misunderstood and therefore not answered accordingly.

I think if #2 is answered for me, the rest will fall into place.

Thank you for your help,

Kazooless

45 views and no replies. I guess I found a difficult one.

Regarding the CLI, I tried as many iterations as I could figure out with zmprov, to no avail.

If I do a zmprov gcf domain, none of the attributes come up with "zimbraInboundSmtpHostname." Likewise many of the other options in the admin guide regarding zmprov. I've tried so many things before posting this request for help that I am at an impass.

Hopefully someone who knows how to set this attribute via the CLI will eventually read and respond to this.

Thanks,

Kazooless

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kazooless View Post
    45 views and no replies. I guess I found a difficult one.

Regarding the CLI, I tried as many iterations as I could figure out with zmprov, to no avail.

If I do a zmprov gcf domain, none of the attributes come up with "zimbraInboundSmtpHostname." Likewise many of the other options in the admin guide regarding zmprov. I've tried so many things before posting this request for help that I am at an impass.

Hopefully someone who knows how to set this attribute via the CLI will eventually read and respond to this.

Thanks,

Kazooless
    for global settings: zmprov mcf zimbraDNSCheckHostname fqdn.or.hostname
    per server settings:zmprov ms zimbra.mail.domain.com zimbraDNSCheckHostname fqdn.or.hostname

thus, to clear the setting, just:

zmprov mcf zimbraDNSCheckHostname ""