Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to integrate Zimbra web client to legacy IMAP server?

Zimbra will give you All Solutions in 1 Package with 1 Install. So i dont need spend hours patching up all the required components to work they way i want and in the end i dont have the Cool Web Interface i need.
    Migrating to Zimbra is personal choice..

We will move 20,000 email users from our hosting platform to Zimbra once we ready and Zimbra is stable..not a big hassel..just do it right and you will reap the benifits of zimbra..
    i dont work at Zimbra....lol...and again its personal choice what works for you and what you know...cheers

Raj S Vrach
    i2k2systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by raj
    Zimbra will give you All Solutions in 1 Package with 1 Install. So i dont need spend hours patching up all the required components to work they way i want and in the end i dont have the Cool Web Interface i need.
    Migrating to Zimbra is personal choice..

We will move 20,000 email users from our hosting platform to Zimbra once we ready and Zimbra is stable..not a big hassel..just do it right and you will reap the benifits of zimbra..
    i dont work at Zimbra....lol...and again its personal choice what works for you and what you know...cheers

Raj S Vrach
    i2k2systems.com

Hi.

It is worth to think not only about the installation. It is worth to think about freedom of data and team collaboration. There are several other solution available and a deep look in terms of features and functions should be taken. Roundcube is a cool solution for any imap compliant server and open-xchange offers much more than mail and a calendar. the underlying postfix is included in the installation package but whats with support of postfix after the installaton?

Whats about exim and courier, qmail and cyrus? I am curious what happens if the mail backend is not able to scale for 20.000 users like you expect and you want a more scalable solution which is obviously available ...

Regards,

Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by franck59d
    our server already do cool functionality (Search, Shared Calendar, Collaboration, ...)
    Franck,

May I ask what server your using? If you look in our source you'll see a file soap.txt. All you need to do is have your server speak that SOAP interface. If you don't have a SOAP api on your server then like you posted you'd need a SOAP -> your server API convertor to implement the needed functionality.

Default Why another server...

Here's a post by Roland one of the founders on why we wrote our own server:

http://oompahzing.blogspot.com/2005/...er-server.html

It's more than IMAP, search and the nifty things mentioned in this thread. Our server is designed to do some things that Cyrus and the other IMAP servers just don't do.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Franck,

May I ask what server your using? If you look in our source you'll see a file soap.txt. All you need to do is have your server speak that SOAP interface. If you don't have a SOAP api on your server then like you posted you'd need a SOAP -> your server API convertor to implement the needed functionality.
    we buid a server with postfix and cyrus on it. we build it with our little finger ;-)

we have in production 4 servers (running the same domain) for 40 000 mail box (for business people) and for a other client a lot of server for 18 000 000 mail box (but without walendar and sharing tools .. it for a public FAI ...).

so we knox the avantage of our server ... it's a very strong one ...

but we now that our webmail is not very pretty ;-)

so we need one with calendar, addressBook, sahing tools and other ...

Franck

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Here's a post by Roland one of the founders on why we wrote our own server:

http://oompahzing.blogspot.com/2005/...er-server.html

It's more than IMAP, search and the nifty things mentioned in this thread. Our server is designed to do some things that Cyrus and the other IMAP servers just don't do.
    other server (with imap-server) do some things that cyrus and the other IMAP servers just don't do

for exemple our server (i don't sell it ) do search in attachment ... imap server don't ... but we use a imap server