Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Upgrade

Good. Are you able to update to 4.0.5?

No, I rolled back to 3.0.0_M1 because of the failure...and this are all the errors I get after I rolled it back ...

Yang,
    I've sent you a private message.
    Please take a look.

-john

John,
    I didn't receive it, can you send it to me to yxiao2004@gmail.com again? thanks!

also, is install a brand new 4.5.2 server as a second server in the group an option? so I can easily migrate all of the user mailboxes over to the new server?

Thanks again.

- Yang

Default help

I just posted this in another thread but then saw this one. I have kinda been thrown into this zimbra upgrade and have a couple questions. I am running 3.0 GA on an xserve box, looking to go to 4.5.3. I copied entire zimbra folder as root and go a bunch of errors

cp: /opt/zimbra/postfix/spool/private/xxxx: Operation not supported on socket

Once this is figured out I assume I need to run the install script in the download, does it matter from where and as what user. I'm pretty sure I will screw this up bu figured I would ask first. As you can tell from my questions I'm clueless but have no other option as I understand I need to do this for DST changes and I am most capable one (I know its scary).

I see I should go to 3.1 first?

Talking

first, did you stop the services before you started copying? what are you using to copy? cp -rp? I think it is recommended that you use rsync instead, just so that all of the permissions are preserved.

the recommended upgrade path I was told is 3.0GA to 4.0.5 to 4.5.3, but there seems to be a lot of issues because of database version compatibilities.
    since the server I was working with is in production(bleh) and I simply just didn't have the time to wait and fix all of the problems, I choose to build a new server with 4.5.3 and had all of the users export all of their emails using Outlook, saved them into a .pst file, then used the Zimbra PST migration tool imported them back into the new server, which worked fine so far. So if your users are willing to do this, and you don't have too many of them dispersed all over the place, this may not be a bad option as compared to deal with all the issues with trying to upgrade, which is not fun at all from my own experience ....

- Yang