Thread: Zimbra Mailbox Store does not to run zmprov commands or be part of the multi-servers

Default Zimbra Mailbox Store does not to run zmprov commands or be part of the multi-servers

Hi.. I have a problem with a ZCS OSS multi-server setup mailbox server. I had to do an upgrade in place due to some hardware failure, which caused some zimbra directories to mysteriously disappear. Now its back I cant login to it through the web admin and user login consoles, its giving errors every time I try to run a zmprov command like so:

ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Read timed out, server: localhost) (cause: java.net.SocketTimeoutException Read timed out)

[] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    [] INFO: Retrying request
    ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Connection refused, server: localhost) (cause: java.net.ConnectException Connection refused)

I have been able to perform an "upgrade-in-place", by first uninstalling the zimbra rpms (after detaching the /opt/zimbra directory from the server) and then re-installing zimbra rpms back again after attaching the storage. During installation it detects the /opt/zimbra directory and I tell it "no" in response to its asking whether to delete it. It installed and the server functions normally, but now, the older user emails (before the install) are inaccessible. Is there any way to restore the emails to each user account, such as forcing a re-read of some kind?