Thread: Do I have to upgrade to fix the DST bug?

Hybrid View

Talking Do I have to upgrade to fix the DST bug?

Hi All,
    I have a 3.0.0_M1 running on FC4, and the attempt to upgrade to 3.1.0GA failed miserably for me just now, and I was going to upgrade from there to 4.5.2 which has the fix for the DST coming this March 11th.

One of the options I have instead of trying to upgrade is to have everyone download their emails using pop3 clients and archive them (25 mailboxes + distribution lists) and rebuild with 4.5.2. but I will have to do this within next week.

So my question is this.

The server is located in a region that does not observe DST, but I'm having problems trying to login to the WEBUI once I have the MSFT DST patch installed, login session timed out, because Zimbra doesn't know how to handle EST5EDT. I can either uninstall the MSFT patch, or change my local machine's TZ to the one the server is on, problem solved.

But can anyone tell me what will happen come March 12th? what's the worse case scenario? Wrong time in scheduled calendar events? incorrect time stamp on emails? or no email at all if they come with the EST5EDT time stamp? Do I HAVE TO fix the DST bug?

Many thanks,

- Yang

Yes.

The reason your upgrade failed was you're running 3.0M1-FC3 on FC4

Make sure you upgrade to the FC4 release of 3.0 then go from there.

Talking

I wasn't clear in my previous post, I guess my question is this, if I can deal with the wrong time stamp or appointments being an hour off for 3 weeks, is it necessary to upgrade? but If you are saying I will have missing emails and appointments as a result, then maybe I should.

I'm not trying to being lazy about it since I've been doing that for too long and look what it has brought me, I'm just trying to buy us some more time so we can plan this out instead of trying to do 3 upgrades the night before DST hits, nothing good will come out of it I'm sure.

Thanks,

- Yang

also, I plan to upgrade to the 3.0.0.M4_FC4 first, do you think that will work? because there isn't a 3.0.0M1_FC4 on the download server.