Thread: Removing LDAP

Exclamation Removing LDAP

Hello everyone, apologies for any noise but I tried figuring something out before posting and failed.

I inherited a Zimbra 7.0.2 server which had LDAP installed where LDAP was nowhere in the network. Now whenever Zimbra tried to start, I am getting BIND issues. I do not want to configure Split DNS to resolve this issue, because again, I am not using LDAP. Zimbra won't start, because of the BIND failure.

/etc/init.d/zimbra restart

Gets to:

Failed to start slapd
    BIND errno=99

Goes no further. Is there any CLI syntax as any user (zimbra, root, etc) I can use to remove the LDAP components?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

This is posted in the wrong forum, I'll move it to trhe correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by zimnewb View Post
    Hello everyone, apologies for any noise but I tried figuring something out before posting and failed.
    What you need to do first is post the exact version of ZCS that's in use by running the following command and posting the output (yes, I've already seen the version you've listed):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    I inherited a Zimbra 7.0.2 server which had LDAP installed where LDAP was nowhere in the network. Now whenever Zimbra tried to start, I am getting BIND issues. I do not want to configure Split DNS to resolve this issue, because again, I am not using LDAP. Zimbra won't start, because of the BIND failure.

/etc/init.d/zimbra restart

Gets to:

Failed to start slapd
    BIND errno=99
    What you also need to do, in future, is post the actual error messages from the log file not some cropped out-of-context message but the actual entries from a period before and after the error.

The command you need to use to start ZCS is:

Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol restart
    That will give you more information on what ZCS is doing during start-up and/or you can also tail the log file to see what's happening.

Goes no further. Is there any CLI syntax as any user (zimbra, root, etc) I can use to remove the LDAP components?
    You can't remove LDAP from the Zimbra Server it's a vital internal component.

This isn't a problem with LDAP, this is possibly caused by some change you've made to the server, take a look at these forum threads and solutions and see if they address your problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.