Thread: LDAP Custom Attributes

Cool LDAP Custom Attributes

Hi,

I have added an attribute to the Zimbra schema called zimbraMigrationStatus. I would like this attribute to be part of the default COS.

I have added this attribute to the “zimbraCOS” objectclass and modified the value of this attribute (to some default value). This is not reflected when I create a new user!! I have to manually modify the user’s account for the attribute to have the default value.

Can this value be inherited to all new users for the particular COS? Where am I going wrong?

- Gautam

Quote Originally Posted by gautam View Post
    Hi,

I have added an attribute to the Zimbra schema called zimbraMigrationStatus. I would like this attribute to be part of the default COS.

I have added this attribute to the “zimbraCOS” objectclass and modified the value of this attribute (to some default value). This is not reflected when I create a new user!! I have to manually modify the user’s account for the attribute to have the default value.

Can this value be inherited to all new users for the particular COS? Where am I going wrong?

- Gautam
    You went wrong when you modified the ldap schema; not only are you pretty much dead in the water for any upgrade, you're going to have to rewrite a bunch of code to get it to do what you wanted in the first place.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!