I've got a Mac Mail.app users that I'm trying to move over to Zimbra. Her existing account was a POP3 account. I setup the Zimbra server as an IMAP account. We were trying to move her saved email from the POP3 folders to the Zimbra IMAP folders and we've run into an issue. It seems as if within Mail.app if you drag-and-drop a whole folder of messages it does a copy, but if you DND individual messages it does a move. Well, the user tried copying a whole folder, but Mail.app crashed in the middle of the process. She opened Mail back up, and everything was still there. She saw that only about a third of her message made it to the Zimbra server (65 of 180+). So she found the 120+ messages that weren't on the Zimbra server and tried to drag them over to the Zimbra, but only three more messages were copied over. Unfortunately, for some reason Mail.app considered the operation complete and apparently permanently deleted the message locally. Has anyone seen this before? I think it is partially a Mail.app problem and partially a Zimbra problem. Should I file a bug?

I found the following in the Zimbra mailbox.log file, which I believe is related to the problem:
Code:
2007-03-23 11:30:25,173 INFO  [ImapServer-573] [] ProtocolHandler - Exception oc
curred while handling connection
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:96)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65
)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
        at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.sendLine(ImapHandler.java:2072)
        at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.sendResponse(ImapHandler.java:2062)
        at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.sendBAD(ImapHandler.java:2049)
        at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.processCommand(ImapHandler.java:265)
        at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.processConnection(ProtocolHan
dler.java:231)
        at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.run(ProtocolHandler.java:198)
        at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown So
urce)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
2007-03-23 11:30:25,173 INFO  [ImapServer-573] [] imap - [129.100.202.6] excepti
on while closing connection
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65
)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
        at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.sendLine(ImapHandler.java:2072)
        at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.sendResponse(ImapHandler.java:2062)
        at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.sendUntagged(ImapHandler.java:2051)
        at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.dropConnection(ImapHandler.java:2021)
        at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.dropConnection(ImapHandler.java:2007)
        at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.run(ProtocolHandler.java:210)
        at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown So
urce)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
2007-03-23 11:30:25,173 INFO  [ImapServer-573] [] ProtocolHandler - Handler exit
ing normally
2007-03-23 11:30:25,180 INFO  [ImapServer-575] [] imap - [129.100.202.6] connect
ed
2007-03-23 11:30:25,212 INFO  [ImapServer-576] [] imap - [129.100.202.6] connect
ed