Thread: Confusion on Bugs Fixed in New Release

Hybrid View

Default Confusion on Bugs Fixed in New Release

I see that Zimbra version 4.5.4 has been released today, and the list of bugs fixed in this release has me confused. This is specifically in regards to related bugs 6736 and 14961. Both of these bugs are marked as "fixed" in bugzilla. The last note on bug 6736 specifically mentions version 4.5.4. Yet when I look at the list of bugs fixed in 4.5.4 neither of these are included.

I'm not planning on upgrading my installation until this weekend, so I can't yet say one way or another whether these bugs are fixed or not. I'm crossing my fingers that these issues have been resolved in this latest release because this problem has really been bugging (pun intended) my users. I've been following these bugs and since I saw them marked as resolved and version 4.5.4 specifically mentioned I've been promising the users that it would be fixed soon.

If these bugs are fixed in this release great; if not can someone explain to me what's involved in getting a "fixed" bug into a GA release, and specifically when I might expect to see these particular bugs resolved in a GA release.

Default pm.zimbra.com

Now that pm.zimbra.com is open to the world, it's easy to track what got fixed in what release. For instance, check out the page for the 4.5.4 release and see the list of new features and bugfixes...
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

This is a very nice service Zimbra is providing to its users.

Now that pm.zimbra.com is open to the world, it's easy to track what got fixed in what release. For instance, check out the page for the 4.5.4 release and see the list of new features and bugfixes...
    Thanks, I knew about the Product Portal, but I haven't gotten in the habit of looking at it yet. I see these two bugs on the fix list, so my users will be happy! One more issue we can cross off our list.

Thanks again,
    John

I'm having some confusion too, only on the new features. Are these really new in 4.5.4?
    * Mail Identities. The Mail Identities feature allows users to send email from their account using different names and mail settings. Users can select which From address to use for the mail they are sending from ZWC.
    * Complex Passwords can be enforced. If you use internal authentication of users to the Zimbra directory, you can create password rules that require users to create more secure passwords. You can set a combination of password length, password uniqueness rules, and password lifetime.
    * Password rules can be configured in COS or individual accounts.
    * Accounts can be locked out when users attempt to log on using an incorrect password. You can set the specified number of times within a specific period of time that a log on attempt can be made before the account is locked out. You can also set the lockout time.
    * Users can configure the HTML default font settings to use when composing a message or working in Documents.
    I chopped these out of the announcement message since I've used these in both 4.5.1 and 4.5.3 (my current version). Am I just misunderstanding?

Actually, I think there's a tiny issue : these are the 4.5.0 branch new features.

You'll have to go to pm.zimbra.com or read the Release Notes PDF to find exactly what's new in 4.5.4.