I've seen a few related posts, but I'm not sure if they solve my problem, so here goes. It appears that when I send email from a mail client like T-bird using my Zimbra server as the SMTP server my mail gets tagged with a pretty high spam score by SpamAssassin.

Here are my headers:

X-Spam-Score: 2.864
X-Spam-Level: **
X-Spam-Status: No, score=2.864 tagged_above=-10 required=6.6
tests=[AWL=-0.764, BAYES_00=-2.599, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,
RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL=1.946, RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL=2.046,
RCVD_IN_WHOIS_INVALID=2.234]

I fixed this for my email address by patching the /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf.in file and forcing it to give me an initial -10 score. However, this seems like a hack to me.

Part of the problem is that at home I use Comcast as my provider, and therefore it is possible that my IP got put on some blacklist or another, though it seems to be complaining more that my address is dynamic.

Now, I am authenticating to the SMTP server before I send mail out, so it seems to me that authenticated outgoing email should not be subject to spam filtering in the first place, or at least that this filtering should be configurable.

I am getting lots of rejected emails because of this because recipients email programs are throwing my emails away when i send them from home. Like I said I can hack it to make my emails score better, but it still leaves in the headers.

Is there a way to fix this?

By the way I am using zcs-4.5.1_GA_660 on a Fedora 4 server.