Thread: Is this a problem?

Default Is this a problem?

Is something brojen here? SPAM is suddenly out of control. Can someone send me the command to manually run the cron for teaching the spam in the spam mailbox? Thanks in advance for your time.

[] INFO: Total messages processed: 60
    [] INFO: Total messages processed: 8
    [] INFO: Total messages processed: 72
    [] INFO: Total messages processed: 2
    config: could not find site rules directory

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format

ERROR: the Bayes learn function returned an error, please re-run with -D for more information

Learned from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).
    bayes: cannot open bayes databases

/opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format
    bayes: cannot open bayes databases

/opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format

ERROR: the Bayes learn function returned an error, please re-run with -D for more information

Learned from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You don't say which version/release of Zimbra, how long you've had this problem or what's happened to cause this problem. Search the forums for that problem, there's an answer in there.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Cool Version

I am currently using version 4.0. My Zimbra guy is out of town, when he gets back, he said he would upgrade me.

In the mean time. What could have caused it you ask... well two things happened about the same time. I did an update from apple on that machine and I added an mx record to my isp at their request.

I always seem to get hit with spam when an mx record is changed. Damn spammers. I started looking for an additional problem when I set my Mark as spam to "1" and Kill to "10". Very low setting and it did not start tagging much more spam.

Also, I have noticed that when we do mark it as spam, the spam mailbox fills up with several hundred, when cron runs, it reads maybe 50 and then stops. If I get more then 50 messages marked as spam (common) then the spam mailbox never seems to drop in number. Since it is not learning 'all' the messages, it allows more and more spam and increases the count in the spam mailbox. A vicious circle.

Thanks again.