Thread: Inbound mail stuck in deferred queue

Hybrid View

Default Inbound mail stuck in deferred queue

We have just gone live with our ZCS appliance and have a big problem. All incoming mail is stuck in the deferred queue. What is causing this and what is the solution. We need to get this going now. I submitted a support ticket 5 days ago with no response from support ( why did we pay for the support then?)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

As far as I can see your last post to support didn't actually have a question or a problem defined in it apart from mentioning DNS.

The usual problem with mail stuck in the queues is DNS problems. I also see from previous support cases that you had some help with your DNS set-up, is this still not working?

If you'd like to add some details of the problem to your case notes you can do that or you can describe the problem here. Did you ever set-up your DNS correctly? Which operating system is this? Is the sshd daemon running on your server?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Deferred Queue

This is the ZCS appliance (4.5.3 I think, I am not at the server right now)
    This installation is not behind a firewall as the previous installation was.
    DNS is set up correctly. MX and A records pointing to the IP of the machine that is currently not behind a firewall.
    My previous support cases yielded a failure of the dns to ever work correctly, so this time we have not installed it behind the firewall. Apparently, the emails are finding the server as they are stuck in the inbound deferred queue but not getting to the clients. (over 300 currently).
    According to Zimbra sales, the appliance software takes care of the installation configuration, and startup of all necessary services etc with input on a few items during installation.
    Thanks,

Tim