Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimbra-Samba Admin Extention

So I tried this again on yet another install of Ubuntu LTS server, with Zimbra 4.5.5GA 838 NPE installed, and still have the same errors deploying the samba and posixaccount zimlets. I can see no where in the configuration files for these zimlets, nor in the javascript that even references the description file it says it cannot find. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with java to begin debugging the zmjava program that handles deploying zimlets to understand why it is looking for the wrong filenames without the '_'.

Code:
    2007-05-22 10:23:28,572 INFO  [Thread-200] [] zimlet - deploy
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: zimlet description not found: ZimbraPosixAccount.xml
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.initZimletDescription(ZimletFile.java:207)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.initialize(ZimletFile.java:199)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.<init>(ZimletFile.java:154)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.DeployZimlet$DeployThread.run(DeployZimlet.java:99)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    2007-05-22 10:23:29,032 INFO  [http-443-Processor100] [] ZimbraSoapContext - requested session no longer exists: 34780
    2007-05-22 10:23:36,511 INFO  [Thread-201] [] zimlet - deploy
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: zimlet description not found: ZimbraSamba.xml
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.initZimletDescription(ZimletFile.java:207)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.initialize(ZimletFile.java:199)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.<init>(ZimletFile.java:154)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.DeployZimlet$DeployThread.run(DeployZimlet.java:99)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Any ideas? Where is Greg when you need him?

I believe that they problem that you're having is that you're zipping the conf and zimbra_posixaccount folders when what you want to do is zip all the files directly. So, select all the xml + like files and make a zip without any folders in it.

Once it did this the .zip imported (although I haven't gotten any farther, just wanted to post this now).

Also, the zip needs to be named zimbra_posixaccount.zip as it reads what file to look for from the zip's name.

---Update:
    When I sucessfully loaded both programs I also broke the admin panel. The loading screen sits there forever.
    If I didn't close the original webpage which I imported it with I could uninstall it and the admin panel would start working again...I think I'll be making another thread about this.

Just wanted to give a heads up that leaving the original admin panel can save you a zimbra restore.
    Last edited by penguinknight; 05-24-2007 at 12:54 AM.

Thanks for the tip penguinknight, that certainly did the trick for allowing the zimlets to install. I was probably close to that solution, as I was attempting to make the contents of the zip file closely match those of other zimlets, which typically still have a subfolder for their contents. Although, that didn't work either, since I didn't think the specific name of the zip file had anything to do with it.

Much appreciated.

Default Mostly working .. one last bit ... (help!)

Hi,

SSO is now working for me with one minor (major) exception; then I change the password in Zimbra, it doesn't change the SAMBA password.

Everything else is working, Zimbra logins work, console shell logins work, getent works etc etc ..

Changing the password with smbldap-passwd works .. so at the moment I'm having to run smbldap-passwd from the command line every time a user changes their password through their options interface.

Anyone any idea why Zimbra may not be updating the Samba password properly?

(Again, *everything* else seems to be working as expected - it's just this one issue...)

tia
    Gareth.

Snipped from the howto
    ToDo

* Write AJAX SMB client Zimlet to mail UI, freshmeat.net: Project details for Davenport sounds like a good option.
    * Add hooks to Zimbra Server to allow calling extensions when an account's password is changed and write an extension that will change Samba password hashes in LDAP

So...it looks like you're out of luck for now, sorry.

Default Mmm...

That's a little unimpressive .. all they literally need to do is call;

"smbldap-passwd <user> + new password" and it's sorted.