Thread: How WebUI render Subject and Email Address that are not encoded

Question How WebUI render Subject and Email Address that are not encoded

Hi

I am evaluating zimbra for my organization. I have downloaded zimbra 4.5.4 opensource edition and already setup a split domain with zimbra as a secondary for some users.

I have problem with some mails that are not encode the message header at all and they are not using us-ascii charecter set. They use tis-620 charecter set. These mails are from our parent organization that still using old and standard-incompatible mail client which is not properly encoding the massage header. So the zimbra WebUI cannot display these text properly.

I think that zimbra try to convert this in to utf and result in un-readable charecter in WebUI. Is there a way to specify the default charset in case of the message header is not properly encoded or not encoded at all (in this case)? Or if I have to modify source code, could anyone point me out where in the source that I should look at? I have try setting LANG env to th_TH.TIS620 but still doesn't work..

I have attached one mail that has this problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Message body correct?

Quote Originally Posted by dbuaklee View Post
    I have problem with some mails that are not encode the message header at all and they are not using us-ascii charecter set. They use tis-620 charecter set. These mails are from our parent organization that still using old and standard-incompatible mail client which is not properly encoding the massage header. So the zimbra WebUI cannot display these text properly.
    Does the message body render properly, or is it just the Subject and addressees?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

when changing the LANG environment to th_TH.TIS-620, the body part is rendered in tis-620 correctly (but the email-address and subject are not). And when the LANG env is set to en_US.UTF-8 or th_TH.UTF-8, the body part is rendered in character that can not be understand.

Default Bugzilla this...

Got it. Please file a bug in bugzilla, attaching the sample message as an attachment. We may not be able to do anything (JavaMail may corrupt the subject before we can get at it), but we'll try to look at it.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!