Thread: Unified Communication

Default Unified Communication

Hello,

I work in a campus environment, and am researching various options to provide our users with a unified communications solution. We are on the cusp of replacing or upgrading our PBX and voice mail. We are also looking at replacing our email system, and are looking very closely at Zimbra. I'm wondering if there is a way that the two replacements could be combined in such a way as to provide us with unified messaging, or even better, unified communications. Thoughts?

Desrae

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

Is this the sort of thing you're talking about?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yes, this is the sort of thing I'm talking about. I am wondering if anyone is using it yet, and, if so, how its going. Also, if anything other than asterisk will be supported.
    Last edited by Desrae; 05-01-2007 at 08:48 AM.

Are there any update or road map for voice mail function like as comcast smartzone, in 5.5 NE and FOSS?

There are no plans for a voice tab/visual voice mail in 5.5
    You can checkout some open-source code under places like BRANCH/ZimbraWebClient/WebRoot/js/zimbraMail/voicemail but a lot of that has associated customer specific code that attaches to it.

The two Asterisk Zimlets on the other hand are occasionally tweaked - 5.0.7 had: Bug 27898 - Asterisk Zimlet: Allow select of target server

Ther a re lots of unified communications solutions like Microsoft Office Communications Server, Alcatel OmniTouch Unified Communication, Avaya One X, IBM SameTime Unified Telephony, Cisco Unified Communication Manager...
    I know that there's an interoperability between these products and Outlook Exchange ou Lotus Note... This interoperability allows services like unified messaging...
    But I'd like to know if there's also an interoperability between these product and Zimbra messaging server.
    Do you have some informations about it?

I am curious about integration with SwitchVox since that is a digium product. I have tried the asterisk zimlet and that does not work with SwitchVox.
    Derek

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Desrae View Post
    Hello,

I work in a campus environment, and am researching various options to provide our users with a unified communications solution. We are on the cusp of replacing or upgrading our PBX and voice mail. We are also looking at replacing our email system, and are looking very closely at Zimbra. I'm wondering if there is a way that the two replacements could be combined in such a way as to provide us with unified messaging, or even better, unified communications. Thoughts?

Desrae
    There are cloud-based solutions provider that can provide you with your requirement.