Thread: simple backup/crontab question

Default simple backup/crontab question

I need to write some high level docs and I was trying to indicate where the cron jobs are thae perform the full and incremental backups. I first looked in /etc/cron.* but did not see any. Then I found the crontabs directory under /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/. None of these seem to do the full or incremental backup. I expected to see the zmbackup command in these scripts but did not see it.

So where could they be or is the backup done in a different manner?

You are using the Network Edition, right? The 'zmbackup' command is not available with the Open Source edition. If you are using NE then according to the documentation a backup schedule is supposed to be added to crontab at installation time. But since I'm only running the OS edition I can't verify for you.

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    You are using the Network Edition, right? The 'zmbackup' command is not available with the Open Source edition. If you are using NE then according to the documentation a backup schedule is supposed to be added to crontab at installation time. But since I'm only running the OS edition I can't verify for you.
    That is correct we are running the Network Edition. I looked in the backups directory and I see things were updated last night but I still cannot find the actual cron job that does the full/incremental backup. I have looked at all the crontabs in /opt/zimbra/zimbramon. I did a locate on crontab and that is the only dir on my drive that has crontabs (aside from /etc/cron.* directories)

Again, I'm using the OS edition, but on my system there is a file in /var/spool/cron called zimbra that contains the Zimbra crontab stuff. I'm running Zimbra under CentOS 4. Other Linux distros may put the entries somewhere else.

That is the place!! Thank you so much.

regards

Doug