Thread: Change hostname and IP Address!

Default Change hostname and IP Address!

Hi all,
    I had looked for forum about changing the hostname of Zimbra server. Now, i need to change hostname and IP address. However, i have the following problem: My Zimbra server is storing configuration of two hostname (one hostname for ifself (zimbra.abc.com) and one hostname for external Zimbra MTA (mta.abc.com)). So if i change hostname and ip address of Zimbra server by using "zmsetservername", does it has effect to the hostname of external Zimbra MTA.

Thanks for ragards.

Changing the IP should not be a problem.
    Changing the hostname can be a problem (it's in the wiki : "don't do it")...

You have a dual server setup ?

Default Change IP!

Thanks for ragards,
    I also think as you (changing the IP address with no problem). However, when i change IP address of my zimbra server, i receive the following errors:

09:24:56 zimbra11 slapd[2164]: <= bdb_equality_candidates: (zimbraMailStatus) index_param failed (18)
    May 5 10:04:53 zimbra11 slapd[2164]: <= bdb_equality_candidates: (zimbraDomainType) index_param failed (18)

and on the Zimbra MTA, i receive the following errors:

May 5 10:06:04 mta postfix/trivial-rewrite[17119]: fatal: ldap:/opt/zimbra/conf/ldap-vad.cf(0,100): table lookup problem
    May 5 10:06:05 mta postfix/smtpd[7690]: warning: premature end-of-input on private/rewrite socket while reading input attribute name
    May 5 10:06:05 mta postfix/smtpd[7690]: warning: problem talking to service rewrite: Success
    May 5 10:06:05 mta postfix/smtpd[7996]: warning: premature end-of-input on private/rewrite socket while reading input attribute name
    May 5 10:06:05 mta postfix/smtpd[7996]: warning: problem talking to service rewrite: Connection reset by peer
    May 5 10:06:05 mta postfix/master[3441]: warning: process /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/libexec/trivial-rewrite pid 17119 exit status 1
    May 5 10:06:05 mta postfix/master[3441]: warning: /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/libexec/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

I have two zimbra server (in multisetup installation): one zimbra mailbox server and one zimbra mta server.

Please help me
    Thanks,

Hello celeron,
    Have you resolved the problem? I'm facing the same problem.
    Thanks.

Hi fajarpri,
    To change IP address of Zimbra successfully, you need change IP in /etc/host as your new IP. Example, you want to change IP from 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.10 you need do the following steps:
    - Stop Zimbra
    - Change IP address of your network card to 10.0.0.10
    - Change file /etc/hosts
    10.0.0.10 zimbra.abc.com zimbra
    - Start Zimbra.

I shouldn't change hostname of Zimbra. If you change hostname, it appears many errors. I have tried to change but not successful. If you have any solutions, please show me.

Thanks,

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    I shouldn't change hostname of Zimbra. If you change hostname, it appears many errors. I have tried to change but not successful. If you have any solutions, please show me.
    It works fine as per the instructions in the wiki - you need to make sure that you have your DNS records set correctly before trying it and take a backup beforehand. It's worked fine for me.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Changing the zimbra server's hostname

Many thanks Phoenix